Martin O'Neill

maqroll

Just annoyed they won in the last minute, can barely recall a time when we did that under MON!

There's one very famous moment, to us at least, one that I can barely bring myself to talk about these days let alone post the video. (but I kind of hope someone does).

Ashley Young. Everton.

Take it away....

Not a winner but Zat Knights equaliser in injury time on boxing day 2008 against Arsenal at a packed VP was pretty special and capped a great comeback as we were 2 down with 25 mins to go.

Four days later we beat Hull 1-0 after scoring with a couple of mins to go.

MON says it, so it's true?

Managers and player are always more protected than clubs in football, MON could have easily made there be no option but for Villa to 'sack him', even if it was as simple as a massive falling out with Lerner but not accepting mutual consent because he 'technically' hasn't broken a contract.

When he says "i didn't break a contract", it sounds a lot more like "my lawyer found a loophole" to me.

Neither you nor I know the truth; saying its a loophole, might or might not be the truth, but you haven’t presented any evidence. Lots of hearsay on this, but little real evidence of anything. Neither side comes out of it with little credit, and Villa’s board post MON have looked fairly clueless.

well that's my point, no one knows so to say the the evidence points towards him being sacked is a ridiculous claim. all the evidence we have could be construed either way.

MON says it, so it's true?

Managers and player are always more protected than clubs in football, MON could have easily made there be no option but for Villa to 'sack him', even if it was as simple as a massive falling out with Lerner but not accepting mutual consent because he 'technically' hasn't broken a contract.

When he says "i didn't break a contract", it sounds a lot more like "my lawyer found a loophole" to me.

Neither you nor I know the truth; saying its a loophole, might or might not be the truth, but you haven’t presented any evidence. Lots of hearsay on this, but little real evidence of anything. Neither side comes out of it with little credit, and Villa’s board post MON have looked fairly clueless.

well that's my point, no one knows so to say the the evidence points towards him being sacked is a ridiculous claim. all the evidence we have could be construed either way.

The tribunal awarding in MON's favour, coupled with the actions of our board post-MON speaks volumes for me.

If MON simply threw his toys out the pram and walked out, there is no way the tribunal would have gone in his favour.

And the Macheda goal at OT...oh wait I've got this game wrong...

Seriously **** MON. I don't think the board sacked him. He left because we sold our better players to the opposition. We hindered him by doing that, but he acted like a 5 year old and tantrum-ed himself out of a job. The club had to sell those players before they lost value and contracts ran out, it was obvious they were attracting Champs League club interest (Milner, Barry). He was up against a wall but he still should have been more professional than quitting 5 days before season start. I'll never forgive him for that. Hope that Sunderland gets relegated more than any other team now. Can't stand seeing his face around the Premier League already!

And the Macheda goal at OT...oh wait I've got this game wrong...

Seriously **** MON. I don't think the board sacked him. He left because we sold our better players to the opposition. We hindered him by doing that, but he acted like a 5 year old and tantrum-ed himself out of a job. The club had to sell those players before they lost value and contracts ran out, it was obvious they were attracting Champs League club interest (Milner, Barry). He was up against a wall but he still should have been more professional than quitting 5 days before season start. I'll never forgive him for that. Hope that Sunderland gets relegated more than any other team now. Can't stand seeing his face around the Premier League already!

This completely one sided view i do not get at all.

To not even vaguely acknowledge the boards serial cock ups in regards to a lot of things is just stupid. (Tho i will always acknowledge the good things Lerner has done)

This board who appointed McLeish and whos managerial search of summer gone consisted of McLaren , McLeish and Martinez.

Im not sure i would take their word on events on a lot of things.

Yes MON had faults , made mistakes and was no saint but just look at the ridiculous decisions and events at Villa park since .

You really think our board are blameless ?

theres certain tribunal that gives some creedence to MON's claim of not "walking out" .

Also its not that hard to believe in some of what has been said by quite a few others.

Did anyone else get pissed off with him jumping around on the touchline? And everytime they had a chance, the replay of said chance would be followed with a replay of MON's reaction to said chance?

Seriously...take your dick out of his arse!

mate sunderland did ok second half but it wasnt an impressive performance. it was a very fortunate victory from two wonder strikes. as soon as that free kick was given i knew sunderland would score

but i always said im not concerned about blackburn game i am interested in his 2nd league agmes away to spurs where mon has a pathetic record against candleface. one win in his mangerial career

Although we are not exactly impartial observers..... he gets such a soft ride from the media its untrue.

I'm sure he's a nice guy but its embarassing. Only Redknapp seems to get away with more............

Â