Martin O'Neill

maqroll

It wasn't just about finishing 6th once which some people seem to think it is.

Finishing 6th 3 years in a row is a level of consistency that not many teams have achieved in the history of the premiership and he had us up there challenging the top 4 and we were a respected club.

I for one really enjoyed that period.

It wasn't just about finishing 6th once which some people seem to think it is.

Finishing 6th 3 years in a row is a level of consistency that not many teams have achieved in the history of the premiership and he had us up there challenging the top 4 and we were a respected club.

I for one really enjoyed that period.

Yeah I think we all enjoyed it, but at the same time, that happy period is the reason the club is in the state it is at the minute in regards to investment, and MON was very much a part of that. You can always blame Randy for letting it get out of control, which is true, but without Randy spunking money on wages, we'd have never got to where we were with MON. (though i believe another manager could have done it cheaper but hey ho that's OT)

So yeah, it was lovely finishing sixth for 3 years, but it was only going to go one way without Champions League money.

We are suffering the consequences of MON's lack of success, though, he was quite successful and it was quite enjoyable at the time. If that even makes sense lol

He was sacked here, which is increasingly quite obvious.
Absolutely and maybe the fact that people still seem to be obsessd with him points to the fact that deep down they feel we are worse off without him?

Â