Martin O'Neill

maqroll

He was sacked here, which is increasingly quite obvious.
Absolutely and maybe the fact that people still seem to be obsessd with him points to the fact that deep down they feel we are worse off without him?

Yes we are much better off without MON.

I mean its not as though we nearly got relegated last year.

We have attracted so many quality players

Not to mention the football we are playing it is much better now than it was under MON.

Our defence looks much better from set pieces and we are scoring goals left right and centre.

Its good to see us back in Europe this year - oh wait

The attendences are much better this year - oh wait

we have a great chance of making it to wembley this year - oh wait...!

Absolutely and maybe the fact that people still seem to be obsessd with him points to the fact that deep down they feel we are worse off without him?

Absolutely?

Do you mind showing me where it says Mr O'Neill was sacked please Richard?

I'm hoping for a good trouncing today. Nothing against Sunderland but everything against O'Neill.

He is not the Messiah, he's a quitter...

Such a shame for you ...

You were getting your stampy-footy, sulky-wulky way until the 83rd minute but you should have known MON would motivate Sunderland to get a result today. If you think back to his time with Villa, that's sort of what he does.

Absolutely?

And that will not be released under the terms and conditions of the compensation payout.

Are you unaware of such agreements?

Sunderland's win wasn't down to MON's ability to motivate his team it was down to Kean's boring, negative, defend our 1-0 lead at all costs pathetic attitude to football. He deserves to get sacked for having an outlook on the game like that.

Hang on a minute, how is not liking MON being "stampy-footy sulky-wulky"? :|
Just thought wanting Sunderland to lose just to spite MON was a bit that way. TBH, given the predicament we are in, a 0-0 draw with 3 sendings off each and bad injuries to a few key players on both sides would have been the best outcome for Villa.

well sunderland should be winning at home to blackburn because blackburn are really poor and sat so deep all second half it was only a matter of time before sunderland scored.

i found it quite funny sunderland fans saying there not keen on a rb playing at lb and that they really want a striker. got a feeling they might be saying that for a while

Absolutely?

And that will not be released under the terms and conditions of the compensation payout.

Are you unaware of such agreements?

Surely nobody seriously believes any more that MON wasn't sacked?

Just thought wanting Sunderland to lose just to spite MON was a bit that way. TBH, given the predicament we are in, a 0-0 draw with 3 sendings off each and bad injuries to a few key players on both sides would have been the best outcome for Villa.
Not really. The Villa fans that hate O'Neill are entirely justified in doing so after what he did.

Not really. The Villa fans that hate O'Neill are entirely justified in doing so after what he did.
I don't think hatred can ever really be justified. it is a thoroughly regrettable emotion. But which bit of what he did is worth hating? The consistently higher league positions and the fact that we were challenging for top 4 in each of his 3 last seasons with us? The cup appearances at Wembley? the players he brought to Villa, like Young, Milner, Downing, and the ones he brought on to star quality, like Barry, Agbonlahor?

Frankly, I'd gladly take all that back.

MON may be an effective man-manager but he is a tactical fucktard. His inability to utilise a squad cost us the ultimate price, playing a knackered 11, week in week out, cost us top four in his last two seasons. His inability to buy a striker is inexcusable.

Yet for some reason he is still respected and revered. He hot his celling at Villa. He will never amount to any more than that.

Â