Martin O'Neill

maqroll

we actually conceded more late goals than scored :s

not that hard to be at City even Houllier managed that. now a win away at Chelsea that is a special result

Chelsea was a brilliant result but no doubt right now, Man City, even at home is a much tougher game than Chelsea right now. IMO anyway.

Didn't take him long....

Gardner at RB and Coleback another midfielder at LB!

Didn’t take him long to motivate the team either...

and another last minute goal

Like I said, and Mark has testified to, we got a few of them while he was with us.

Top manager, top man.

Top managers don't buy players on massive wages then not play them because he has a falling out with them. He gets good results but top managers need to know how to manager and he doesn't do that well. I'll give you top motivator but I won't even touch top man.

Agreed. If he was a top manager he'd be at a top club.

we actually conceded more late goals than scored :s

not that hard to be at City even Houllier managed that. now a win away at Chelsea that is a special result

:lol:

Not taking anything away from McLeish yesterday but beating Man City away or home for Sunderland is an excellent result and I would say at the very least on par with beating Chelsea at Stamford Bridge given both teams current forms.

It really bothers me when people can't just look at things objectively rather letting their dislike or hate for certain managers (whether that's Martin O'Neill, Alex McLeish, Gerard Houllier or whoever) get the better of them.

Not taking anything away from McLeish yesterday but beating Man City away or home for Sunderland is an excellent result and I would say at the very least on par with beating Chelsea at Stamford Bridge given both teams current forms.

It really bothers me when people can't just look at things objectively rather letting their dislike or hate for certain managers (whether that's Martin O'Neill, Alex McLeish, Gerard Houllier or whoever) get the better of them.

I think he is an absolute bellend for doing what he did to us. THAT, however, is a bloody good result for Sunderland and MON however you wrap it up!

winning at stamford bridge is still a great achievement, CIty lost there themselves 3 weeks ago.

Since 2004 i think only 3 or 4 teams have won at Bridge, This is also a CIty team who have only won once in 4 games against a Stoke team that didnt turn up

I'm with Zatman. I think a win away at Chelsea is a bigger achievement than beating Man City at home. It should also be remembered we deserved to beat Chelsea and played really well. Whilst for me Sunderland deserved a point for the fact they gave their all and really battled they most certainly didn't deserve to win.

winning at stamford bridge is still a great achievement, CIty lost there themselves 3 weeks ago.

Since 2004 i think only 3 or 4 teams have won at Bridge, This is also a CIty team who have only won once in 4 games against a Stoke team that didnt turn up

I think no one is disagreeing that winning at Stamford Bridge is a great result because it most definitely is. It's more the fact that you don't acknowledge that Sunderland's victory over Man City is also a great result.

City have in fact won two of their last four games (Arsenal and Stoke) so they weren't in bad form.

Sunderland played really well, battled hard and were defensively well organised as you can be against City. They were pretty happy with 0-0 though, I bet MON couldn't believe his luck when City had about 8 men forward at the end and Sunderland just broke on them. Especially as so many times when we were 0-0 at home to a top team we were happy just to take the draw...

Well done, MON.

He has turned a demoralised and disorganised squad into a proper fighting force in the space of about 3 weeks. Wish he was still our manager.

Now watch him blow all the owner's money on stiffs and then throw a tantrum when he's told he can't spend anymore

Well done, MON.

He has turned a demoralised and disorganised squad into a proper fighting force in the space of about 3 weeks. Wish he was still our manager.

Now watch him blow all the owner's money on stiffs and then throw a tantrum when he's told he can't spend anymore

That will only happen if they have a useless owner who can't control his finances.

Well done, MON.

That will only happen if they have a useless owner who can't control his finances.

Oh, so then he'll quit Sunderland too?

Do people not just think that:

a) Lerner should have kept a closer watch on the finances

and

B) O'Neill shouldn't have spent silly transfer fees and wages on players who never kicked a ball for the club

?

Feeling like I'm stalking you now but absolutely this. But normally people on here are seeing things in black or white.

I blame MON for quitting at the time he did, 5 days before the season started, but I don't blame him for everything.

I dont blame him for quiting when he did as we do not know what drove him to it or what the circumstances were. Plus as the owner then had to pay out in an industrial tribunal I suspect the onus of blame should rest a little more with those currently at the club than MON

Do people not just think that:

a) Lerner should have kept a closer watch on the finances

and

B) O'Neill shouldn't have spent silly transfer fees and wages on players who never kicked a ball for the club

?

Feeling like I'm stalking you now but absolutely this. But normally people on here are seeing things in black or white.

I blame MON for quitting at the time he did, 5 days before the season started, but I don't blame him for everything.

Completely agree with both of you. It's seems impossible to have a balanced view on things and look at them in a fairly objective way.

Â