Martin O'Neill

maqroll

i expect a big sunderland win then the mon wankfest will begin. am more interested to see how mon does second game though. away to spurs and mons record against candleface is absymal.

i think he has only ever beaten candleface once in his career

i think 100% of villa fans would take him over mcleish but if we didnt have mcleish doesnt mean id want him back.

the way he left us is unforgivable and what makes us think he would not leave us in the shit a 2nd time? he is notorious for that.

I think MON is due a fail at a club.

It is very rare for a manager to suceed at every club (excluding Norwich as he was turning them around when he left).

Also no John Robertson to coach the Wingers (the stars of any MON regime eg Guppy, Thompson, Young, Downing etc).

I just think he is due a poor job.

I can't see him failing.

He won't take them to the heights of... 6th... but you can't really expect them to anyway (same as you can't for us now).

So long as he gradually makes them a bit better, he'll be a success in some form. Failure would be getting relegated and that I really cannot see happening.

Sunderland have too much potential for him to **** up.

He couldn't have picked an easier job to boost his reputation really.

Maybe you are right. I just have a feeling his reputation might take a dent on this one.

He has alot of average players and a demanding chairman. I have no real reason why I think he will apart from Robertson not coaching the wingers.

Just a hunch....

I can't see him failing.

He won't take them to the heights of... 6th... but you can't really expect them to anyway (same as you can't for us now).

So long as he gradually makes them a bit better, he'll be a success in some form. Failure would be getting relegated and that I really cannot see happening.

I think depending on how much he gets to spend, failure to his reputation (especially in the press) would be bottom half.

It is very rare for a manager to suceed at every club (excluding Norwich as he was turning them around when he left).

Also no John Robertson to coach the Wingers (the stars of any MON regime eg Guppy, Thompson, Young, Downing etc).

MON failed with us. He didn't win anything after being given a transfer fund most managers would die for.

I am totally baffled by the love some still have for our previous manager.

He spent in excess of 100m and achieved our average premier league finish.

Well done, well done indeed.

Very true :lol:

People will probably point to the belief he brought but in all fairness I think that was more down to Randy's money than anything else.

I miss him.

I hate him, I spit fire every time I see his smug Northern Irish mush.

But I miss him all the same.

Bit like that ex that left you emotionally and financially crippled. Sure, it wasn't always plain sailing and she never did the washing up, but boy could she give a good blowey. You might never get over her. The only chance you have is to find yourself a new bird that can excite you in a similar fashion. We haven't even come close to finding our new Bobby Dazzler, we've been lumbered with a sympathy **** from the dodgy old European bird from down the road, she knows what she's doing and it's satisfying to a degree, but Christ she don't alf talk bollocks. Then there's the wee Scottish lass. **** clueless, ugly as sin, but she's a safe pair of hands. Just don't expect any entertainment or joy to ensue and you might be able to stomach her for a while.

**** you Martin. I hate ya.

I miss you.

Very good :lol:

I wish him well. Sadly he's with a pathetic little club like Sunderland. "Whyyyy'eh". Or whatever nonsense they speak up north.

He was not paid millions by a tribunal if he run out the door. Anyone that works in law will back that up.

That's a good point. With no Robbo, you might be right.

I wish him well. Sadly he's with a pathetic little club like Sunderland.
I think Sunderland's a cracking club. Good fans, good ground. A proper football place, IMO. As for wishing MO'N well or not. I wouldn't go so far as to hope he fails, but I don't wish him any kind of luck. I was happy with him manager here, but the timing of his exit was atrocious and for me, betrayed a total lack of class, lack of respect for the supporters, players or anyone else at Villa. So stuff him.

I am totally baffled by the love some still have for our previous manager.

He spent in excess of 100m and achieved our average premier league finish.

Well done, well done indeed.

Had we built on what he did then people probably wouldn’t care, but seeing we have gone in to reverse is bound to make people misty eyed.... I mean what would you prefer; where we are, or where we were?

Â