Martin O'Neill

maqroll

Think he will do quite well at Sunderland.

No expectation this year and they will finish about 12th.

-Spend money on over-priced British players

Next year about 10th

- Spend more money on over priced British players

Year after 8th

- Not have any more money to spend

Then he will realise he cant take them any further, and will leave to save his image. The media will hail him as some type of magician and the sunderland fans will love him forever more.

It's not going to end well with MON and Sunderland. He's gonna to try and hoodwink another American owner into splashing out the cash, and he might be successful at doing so. But when push comes to shove, it's gonna be another Villa all over again when he doesn't win as quickly as he wants and the purse tightening starts.

I believe this too. He'll come in get them up the table,overpay for mediocre english talent in both transfer fees and wages then hit the inevitable glass ceiling that you hit when you play the same 11 every week and make no substitutions. Then he'll walk with his reputation intact leaving the club in a shambles.

Then he'll walk with his reputation intact leaving the club in a shambles.

Did he do this at Leicester or Celtic?

Memory is a bit fuzzy on a club I don't care about but I think you could say he did that at Leicester. If memory serves they had highly paid older players when he left, and they dropped out of the prem like a stone and have taken a while to recover.

Yes. He kept his media reputation intact and he left Celtic in the same mess we were in when he left. Crap players on big contracts. "Celtic boss Martin O’Neill offered him (Bobo Balde*) a new contract, worth a reported £28,000 a week over nearly five years and with a get-out clause should he find himself a better deal elsewhere. Presented with this, Bobo (Baldé) not surprisingly agreed."* LINK

I can't remember off hand what happened to leicester after he left but I think they were left in a shambles too.

I miss him.

I hate him, I spit fire every time I see his smug Northern Irish mush.

But I miss him all the same.

Bit like that ex that left you emotionally and financially crippled. Sure, it wasn't always plain sailing and she never did the washing up, but boy could she give a good blowey. You might never get over her. The only chance you have is to find yourself a new bird that can excite you in a similar fashion. We haven't even come close to finding our new Bobby Dazzler, we've been lumbered with a sympathy **** from the dodgy old European bird from down the road, she knows what she's doing and it's satisfying to a degree, but Christ she don't alf talk bollocks. Then there's the wee Scottish lass. **** clueless, ugly as sin, but she's a safe pair of hands. Just don't expect any entertainment or joy to ensue and you might be able to stomach her for a while.

**** you Martin. I hate ya.

I miss you.

Memory is a bit fuzzy on a club I don't care about but I think you could say he did that at Leicester. If memory serves they had highly paid older players when he left, and they dropped out of the prem like a stone and have taken a while to recover.

The only reason Leicester dropped like a stone was because they had a really good manager who left, to be replaced by an inferior manager. Hmm, that rings a bell.

I miss him.

Bit like that ex that left you emotionally and financially crippled. Sure, it wasn't always plain sailing and she never did the washing up, but boy could she give a good blowey. You might never get over her. The only chance you have is to find yourself a new bird that can excite you in a similar fashion. We haven't even come close to finding our new Bobby Dazzler, we've been lumbered with a sympathy **** from the dodgy old European bird from down the road, she knows what she's doing and it's satisfying to a degree, but Christ she don't alf talk bollocks. Then there's the wee Scottish lass. **** clueless, ugly as sin, but she's a safe pair of hands. Just don't expect any entertainment or joy to ensue and you might be able to stomach her for a while.

I miss you.

Brilliant analogies. I agree wholeheartedly. I'd have the Irish clearing in the woods back in a heartbeat.

Not true .

It was Peter Taylor who ruined Leicester . It was Peter Taylor who spent a lot and signed the likes of Akinibiyi (lol) , an old Dennis Wise , an old Mancini on big wages etc.

I miss him.

I miss you.

:lol:

Yes. He kept his media reputation intact and he left Celtic in the same mess we were in when he left. Crap players on big contracts. "Celtic boss Martin O’Neill offered him (Bobo Balde*) a new contract, worth a reported £28,000 a week over nearly five years and with a get-out clause should he find himself a better deal elsewhere. Presented with this, Bobo (Baldé) not surprisingly agreed."* LINK

Emmmm....he wasn't sold because he did not want to sign a confidentiality clause....after MON left...bad example man...

I miss him.

I miss you.

That is one of my fav posts in my 12 years on forums.

nice one dave :)

i think we all wnat mon back based on the two poor appointments lerner has made. i think had we got jol or hughes in people wouldnt want him back as much

i reckon sunderland are going to trounce their opponents this weekend

Â