Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

3 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Find time to go and talk to a professional. Just 5 sessions or so should help you get your head around it.

Already am. It’s helpful, absolutely.

13 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Sorry to hear that bud. At least you can start moving on now though and who knows what the future holds. Having seen the resentment and bitterness between my folks before they split y Dad stuck around for 10 odd years when he didn't want to and just for the kids) it sounds like it's for the best from what you've said. 

Good luck with the little one. Try to remember to put him first when you can and not to put him in the middle of anything negative. 

We're here for you in anyway we can. 

Absolutely. And I have to say, I think coming to a decision is only making us see more clearly how deeply we care about each other and all negativity and resentment between us is completely gone. It’s just shared grief and genuine fondness between us now, which makes it easier to at least create a warm and loving environment for our son while we deal with the practicalities and prepare to tell him. The hardest part is to not break down in tears in front of him. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

@El Zen I think if your initial emotion was relief then it shows where your head and your heart are on the subject.

It’ll be tough but keep looking for the silver lining in the downsides. More you time. 

As I said, it was inevitable. It was inevitable all along, but I - as you do when it’s a decision that will fundamentally change your whole life - needed a bit of time for that reality to fully sink in. I’ll miss her terribly, and she’ll probably miss me at least as much, but at some point life will be ok again. 

• Like 2

I notice that the divorce law will change next week, to 'no-fault', which means no partner will be required to demonstrate that the other has done anything wrong to initiate a divorce.

Presently adulatory, desertion or unreasonable behaviour, are grounds for divorce.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

You know when it's 9 O'clock at night after a long day at work, and your Mrs is talking about someone at work (who you've never heard of) in a role that is an acronym (that you have no idea what it stands for) in a dept (that you have no idea what they do ) filled in some information ( on a system you have no knowledge what so ever about) and didn't include some information (that means nothing to you) and some other and didn't follow Policy (that you have no insight into) and this is all you hear every day and every night ...

So and so had a baby (who and why does that information have anything to do with me)

So and so at work did this.

So and so at work did that.

I don't know who these people are. Why would I care!!!

Not once would you hear me sit at home after work and talk about this shit!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

You know when it's 9 O'clock at night after a long day at work, and your Mrs is talking about someone at work (who you've never heard of) in a role that is an acronym (that you have no idea what it stands for) in a dept (that you have no idea what they do ) filled in some information ( on a system you have no knowledge what so ever about) and didn't include some information (that means nothing to you) and some other and didn't follow Policy (that you have no insight into) and this is all you hear every day and every night ...

So and so had a baby (who and why does that information have anything to do with me)

Why doesn't she register on VillaTalk and post it in Off Topic?  

You could "like" it. 

• Haha 1

My Mrs talks like that sometimes.I find it best to agree with her ( smile and nod your agreement ) without taking any real notice of what she is saying.

I actually have a T shirt that says ( My wife says I never listen...at least thats what I think she said )

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

My Mrs talks like that sometimes.I find it best to agree with her ( smile and nod your agreement ) without taking any real notice of what she is saying.

I actually have a T shirt that says ( My wife says I never listen...at least thats what I think she said )

yep 100%. "you'd never believe what this woman at work said/did today"......"yeah i know love she sounds like a right dickhead"

it's much easier than saying what you really think which is "i couldn't give a **** but you're almost certainly overreacting"

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

“The best thing about gossiping with my boyfriend about my work friends is he doesn’t know them and he’s not listening anyway”

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

“The best thing about gossiping with my boyfriend about my work friends is he doesn’t know them and he’s not listening anyway”

I had no idea, but the socks should have been a giveaway. I think it's really brave of you and your boyfriend to adopt a baby.

• Haha 4

This made me smile 

daily-mix-2988-47.jpg

When she’s a bit mad at you so when you go to bed she immediately turns the light off and you don’t need to partake in the never ending chat about her work colleagues or how she needs her sore back rubbing etc. Bliss.

• Haha 4

Just now, choffer said:

48 years old and back in the dating pool for the first time in a long while. First date tonight with someone I've been chatting to for a few weeks. Jings, I feel like a teenager again.

I would figuratively shit my pants if I had to do it all again now. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, choffer said:

48 years old and back in the dating pool for the first time in a long while. First date tonight with someone I've been chatting to for a few weeks. Jings, I feel like a teenager again.

I started again at 38, it was absolutely hilarious, lots of fun and dear God if only I'd known at 18 what I know now!

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I would figuratively shit my pants if I had to do it all again now. 

Just hoping this isn’t my experience tonight. Figuratively or literally. 

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, choffer said:

Just hoping this isn’t my experience tonight. Figuratively or literally. 

Just blame the smell on the drains 😉

Edited by mottaloo

Â