Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

23 minutes ago, choffer said:

Date #2 with the American girl tonight. Any further advice, Roberto? ;)

Hope it goes well...but anytime soon you'll be entering the territory of:

download.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Genie said:

Ask her if she’s ever had a female/female/male threesome.

What do you think happened on date 1?

I'd have liked to have been involved but they just made me watch. 

• Haha 1

Just now, choffer said:

What do you think happened on date 1?

I'd have liked to have been involved but they just made me watch. 

I certainly hope you at least filmed some of it.

40 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Ask her if that's what house parties are really like in High School?

Apparently Dazed and Confused was a documentary, not a work of fiction. 

36 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Hope it goes well...but anytime soon you'll be entering the territory of:

download.jpeg

599 pages in this thread. How much totty have we seen? We didn't even get to see the ginger dwarf. I'm not going to be the first to provide fodder for you lot of reprobates.

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

I certainly hope you at least filmed some of it.

Very difficult when you're handcuffed to the chair in the corner. 

Edited by choffer
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, choffer said:

Date #2 with the American girl tonight. Any further advice, Roberto? ;)

DHUTWU.

Or if you want to be gentlemanly, let her peg you.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Strange one, well over 3 years since I split up with my (now) ex wife. I mentioned a few pages back how my life has gone from strength to strength and I'm very much in love with and happy with my current woman.

I've kept away from the ex as much as possible, blocking her on WhatsApp so I don't have to look at her face, for a while I didn't drive past her house and went around it. This changed a bit when Covid came along and swapping my daughter was done at each others houses (no contact) rather than via school.

She is away with my daughter at the moment abroad so I had to unblock her on WhatsApp so my little one could call. I have had the odd dream where the ex features but why wouldn't that happen when I still sometimes dream about school and other things from the past.

Anyway I dreamt about her last night, seemingly quite vivid and about her thinking about us getting back together, it has really messed me up today, concerned about the beast that I have suppressed in my head!

15 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

Strange one, well over 3 years since I split up with my (now) ex wife. I mentioned a few pages back how my life has gone from strength to strength and I'm very much in love with and happy with my current woman.

I've kept away from the ex as much as possible, blocking her on WhatsApp so I don't have to look at her face, for a while I didn't drive past her house and went around it. This changed a bit when Covid came along and swapping my daughter was done at each others houses (no contact) rather than via school.

She is away with my daughter at the moment abroad so I had to unblock her on WhatsApp so my little one could call. I have had the odd dream where the ex features but why wouldn't that happen when I still sometimes dream about school and other things from the past.

Anyway I dreamt about her last night, seemingly quite vivid and about her thinking about us getting back together, it has really messed me up today, concerned about the beast that I have suppressed in my head!

A dream is a dream. You can't control that. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

My guess is it’s nothing to worry about, you probably dreamt it precisely because you’re dealing with her a bit more now rather than some suppressed, lingering feelings.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

Think about why you split up, all the things you didn't like about her or how she hurt you. Whatever you do don't go back, it will destroy you if it doesn't work. She maybe using you to boost her flagging ego or is it your ego wanting her back.

9 minutes ago, tinker said:

Think about why you split up, all the things you didn't like about her or how she hurt you. Whatever you do don't go back, it will destroy you if it doesn't work. She maybe using you to boost her flagging ego or is it your ego wanting her back.

Not sure to be honest, there have been a few key landmarks that have affected me, the first one (even though I was loved up and happy at the time) was seeing a picture of her with a new bloke. Which, stupid as it was, broke my heart, I didn't understand my feelings then in the same way as I don't now.

I don't want her back, pretty sure of that but she was the first person I loved, the Mother of my perfect daughter and we believed for a long while that we had the perfect relationship......That is until she turned around out if the blue and said it was over. I suppose it feels like there is unfinished business and much like a scab (😁) I can't help but have a scratch and pick at it.

Sure I will feel differently tomorrow but has knocked me for 6.

• Like 2

Whatever you do, don't tell your current missus about the dream! 

I wouldn't worry about it. I have weird and quite vivid dreams and they don't mean anything. You'll always have a bond with her, because of your daughter, but just remember she threw you out with the rubbish when it suited her. Don't dwell on it :)

• Like 3

Things are really toxic at the moment with me and my wife. Mainly my doing. Just lay here right now thinking how bad things are . Both of our heads are a mess. I’ve become a really shit dad of late, too. Still showing them plenty of love, but that doesn’t make up for the other shit. The sad thing is my son really looks up to me and thinks I’m cool. Wife has said a few crappy things to me lately, but mostly true and deserved . She don’t want our son who is a pure gent with  an heart of gold to end up like me. Really gone off the rails lately . Midlife crisis thrown in with whatever else .

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Whatever you do, don't tell your current missus about the dream! 

I wouldn't worry about it. I have weird and quite vivid dreams and they don't mean anything. You'll always have a bond with her, because of your daughter, but just remember she threw you out with the rubbish when it suited her. Don't dwell on it :)

Thar would be the worst decision ever wouldn't it!

As part of the same dream I was in a Limo with my boss going to see an angry customer when I realised I was naked. Perhaps I should deal with the rest of the dream with same contempt that I gave that bit!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyClarke said:

Not sure to be honest, there have been a few key landmarks that have affected me, the first one (even though I was loved up and happy at the time) was seeing a picture of her with a new bloke. Which, stupid as it was, broke my heart, I didn't understand my feelings then in the same way as I don't now.

I don't want her back, pretty sure of that but she was the first person I loved, the Mother of my perfect daughter and we believed for a long while that we had the perfect relationship......That is until she turned around out if the blue and said it was over. I suppose it feels like there is unfinished business and much like a scab (😁) I can't help but have a scratch and pick at it.

Sure I will feel differently tomorrow but has knocked me for 6.

As others have said, don’t go back unless it’s to

DHUTWU.

That’s the unfinished business sorted.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Things are really toxic at the moment with me and my wife. Mainly my doing. Just lay here right now thinking how bad things are . Both of our heads are a mess. I’ve become a really shit dad of late, too. Still showing them plenty of love, but that doesn’t make up for the other shit. The sad thing is my son really looks up to me and thinks I’m cool. Wife has said a few crappy things to me lately, but mostly true and deserved . She don’t want our son who is a pure gent with  an heart of gold to end up like me. Really gone off the rails lately . Midlife crisis thrown in with whatever else .

We all have our moments, good people do bad things , just start a fresh being the dad and partner you want to be. If it's outside factors making you be an ass then these need to be sorted, bad job, change it , toxic friends , ditch em. Reoccurring bad habit.....sort it , move area, seek a help group. Do it for you. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

You acknowledge this, so you have the power to change. Address the issues, have a conversation. Ask someone to look after the kids and drive somewhere and talk. Find neutral ground and talk things through. (lilleshall hill 2001 was my experience). Do not be rash and do not let your mouth run away. Good luck Rugeley. 

• Like 2

Â