Jimmy Savile And Other Paedophiles

GarethRDR

On 29/10/2011 at 10:17, veloman said:

There a far too many people,in my opinion, given the sobriquet "legend", "national treasure" etc but to any (older) pop music fan Jimmy Savile really was. The BBC website reports that he started his career as a Radio 1 DJ; this is tripe; he was a DJ on Radio Luxembourg before Radio 1 was dreamt of. His programme "Teen and Twenty Disc Club" was essential listening for the youth of the 60's (me !)

He was also a keen cycling fan and I met him at a fund raising dinner in Bradford. Although a tad on the eccentric side he was a really down-to-earth geezer and chatted to all the blokes there. Ran marathons, as Rodders said, for Stoke Mandeville; top bloke.

RIP

This did not age well :D

• Haha 3
  • Shocked 1

6 hours ago, LondonLax said:

The first 10 or so pages of the thread do make interesting reading.

A different time, even just 12 years ago. . 

It's nice how what started out as a tribute thread to Sir Jimmy Savile has become a general thread for chatting about all paedophiles. What a legacy

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

It's nice how what started out as a tribute thread to Sir Jimmy Savile has become a general thread for chatting about all paedophiles. What a legacy

Gary will be gone soon hopefully.  Never getting out now.

78 he is and still a danger.

Not that dangerous in prison though I suspect.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

9 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Was that the one when the 2 blokes held hands as joint winners to cross the line?

No that was the previous year - the first one, in fact - 1981. Tied by Dick Beardsley (USA) and Inge Simonsen (NOR) in 2h 11m. 

My race was the second LM, won by Hugh Jones (GB) in 2h 09m. I came in 8,549th (out of 15,116) in 3h 43m (officially - it was actually 3h 39m, taking into account the time taken to reach the start line - no chip timing in those days). 

• Like 2

With the podcasts knocking about now one conversation I see alot is Women arguing their value and desires of men and a equally opposite Man arguing that women dont bring traditional morals/values to relationships any more (virgin/young ect). 

A rebuke that I then saw was that these traditional values are akin and in extreme cases a journey towards being a peadophile. 

While there is the obvious sexual interaction I always think of it as two things, people exercising power (Saville) and social weirdos who never got the interaction/satisfaction they were desperate for (that weird lad you went to school with).  

I genuinely thought this thread was created on the back of Savile’s atrocities coming to light. 

This thought was backed up with some of comments being made in the early pages. I thought that maybe people hadn’t gone fully nuclear on him partly through shock, partly because the revelations were still coming out and and people were waiting to see a fuller picture.

But having read the first couple of pages, and cross checked dates…I only now realise that nope, the story hadn’t broken yet and that this thread began as an “In memoriam” with the thread’s first post being from Ingram (correctly) calling the deceased a “word removed” :D

• Haha 2

On 29/10/2011 at 17:55, mjmooney said:

TBH I always thought there was something very dodgy about Saville. He was a notorious lecher, and I'm surprised he never turned up in a Gary Glitter type scandal.

On 29/10/2011 at 18:17, privateer said:

He was unquestionably dodgy, IMO.

There could be some very interesting stuff come out now he's dead. Just by chance a couple of months ago I found myself looking at some of the allegations against him. One trail led to another and the is some seriously nasty stuff doing the rounds about him. If only a fraction of it is true then he was an absolute scumbag, whatever charity stuff he did.

The word seems to be that the press have a lot of dirt on him that they wouldn't/couldn't use. It may be that now there is no longer a threat of legal action we will get to find out if what many people suspected or alleged about him was actually true.

On the ball there chaps!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 14/03/2023 at 09:55, chrisp65 said:

I was briefed in advance by the Impartiality team that donate to paedophile causes and they’ve asked me to express balance by quoting from friends of the paedophile as reported in the Daily Mail, which shows pictures of celebrities children, that he only breached his bail conditions once

spacer.png

Happy to change the wording if it keeps the peace.

• Like 1

On 29/10/2011 at 17:55, mjmooney said:

TBH I always thought there was something very dodgy about Saville. He was a notorious lecher, and I'm surprised he never turned up in a Gary Glitter type scandal.

Mystic Mooney predicts........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Gary will be gone soon hopefully.  Never getting out now.

78 he is and still a danger.

Not that dangerous in prison though I suspect.

There's no cure for these sexual deviants, aside from chemical castration, which wouldn't be a bad idea at all. All his royalties should be given to the victims of his horrendous crimes. I find it hard to believe that some out there still like his, it's a stretch to even call it, music.

Absolutely vile creature. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

There's no cure for these sexual deviants, aside from chemical castration, which wouldn't be a bad idea at all. All his royalties should be given to the victims of his horrendous crimes. I find it hard to believe that some out there still like his, it's a stretch to even call it, music.

Absolutely vile creature. 

Good Christmas song though.

• Haha 1

I wonder if, Glitter for example, was always into children and his fame/fortune allowed him to indulge himself. Or, because of his fame/fortune he was able to indulge himself so much with normal sexual activities that he became sexually deviant almost like an addict who couldn't get the same high as before.

For full disclosure, if someone like that got near one of my kids I'd happily go to jail to make sure they wouldn't ever do anything to another kid.

14 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I wonder if, Glitter for example, was always into children and his fame/fortune allowed him to indulge himself. Or, because of his fame/fortune he was able to indulge himself so much with normal sexual activities that he became sexually deviant almost like an addict who couldn't get the same high as before.

For full disclosure, if someone like that got near one of my kids I'd happily go to jail to make sure they wouldn't ever do anything to another kid.

No offence mate but you were like Phwooooar in the The Last of Us thread about the underage lesbian relationship. #justsaying

• Haha 1

Â