Jimmy Savile And Other Paedophiles

GarethRDR

13 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I always find it kinda curious when inmates target someone.

Ian Watkins, obviously a vile piece of work so I’m not surprised he might be a target.

But HMP Wakefield is well known for housing a few rather unsavoury characters. Child murders aside, do the other inmates find Mick Philpott’s company a delight to be around? Is it the existing celebrity Watkins has that they (finally) took exception to?

Indeed. I could be wrong but I'm sure that's where Ian Huntley, Charles Bronson and Harold Shipman are also serving time?

As for the attack on this other piece of shit yesterday,  the celebrity thing could be a factor, or just the fact he is just a sicko and was able to be 'got at' on this occasion might have played a part?

Maybe Philpott has had a few beatings already but not big enough to make the news?. Did this story get out about Watkins being attacked because he was someone who used to be famous and that's why this made the news? Possibly.

But it would be fair to say... being held hostage for 6 hours in a cell. I can only imagine what he was subject to before a slap even connected with him.

16 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Indeed. I could be wrong but I'm sure that's where Ian Huntley, Charles Bronson and Harold Shipman are also serving time?

As for the attack on this other piece of shit yesterday,  the celebrity thing could be a factor, or just the fact he is just a sicko and was able to be 'got at' on this occasion might have played a part?

Maybe Philpott has had a few beatings already but not big enough to make the news?. Did this story get out about Watkins being attacked because he was someone who used to be famous and that's why this made the news? Possibly.

But it would be fair to say... being held hostage for 6 hours in a cell. I can only imagine what he was subject to before a slap even connected with him.

Huntley, Bronson and Shipman are all former residents of Wakefield (in Shipman’s case, very former).

There’s a few fairly notorious inmates currently. The Sarah Payne murderer is in there, the “bullseye” killer is in there, Arthur Labinjo-Hughes‘ “father” is in there. There are others too that are fairly well known, Robert Maudsley for one but he perhaps wouldn’t be targeted (in fact if anything he would approve of the recent treatment of Watkins).

Philpott might have had a beating or two, that hasn’t been reported or hushed up, no idea. But he’s pretty infamous to the public at large, so I think if something had happened it would be newsworthy. 

Maybe it boils down to accessibility/opportunity.

Always fascinated by a bunch of scumbags and lowlifes coming up with some kind of weird twisted hierarchy where if you’ve murdered a bunch of blokes it’s a respectable crime, but if you’re a rapist or a child killer you need to grow eyes in the back of your head.

But yeah, I hope Watkins got shivved good and proper.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Always fascinated by a bunch of scumbags and lowlifes coming up with some kind of weird twisted hierarchy where if you’ve murdered a bunch of blokes it’s a respectable crime, but if you’re a rapist or a child killer you need to grow eyes in the back of your head.

But yeah, I hope Watkins got shivved good and proper.

Admittedly I ransacked someone’s house looking for money so I could buy smack. The old bloke that lived there, yes it broke his heart and he died a few months later but that’s not directly linked to me. Those drive by shootings where they accidentally shot that kid, yes that was a drugs turf war but that’s nothing to do with me. Yes, whilst I was in prison we bullied this guy with learning difficulties in to carrying packages for us and we borrowed his flat for a while whilst we sold a little bit of puff and nicked a few scooters.

But there’s an honour code, and we sorted him out for the good of society.

3 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I always find it kinda curious when inmates target someone.

Ian Watkins, obviously a vile piece of work so I’m not surprised he might be a target.

But HMP Wakefield is well known for housing a few rather unsavoury characters. Child murders aside, do the other inmates find Mick Philpott’s company a delight to be around? Is it the existing celebrity Watkins has that they (finally) took exception to?

If you watch Yammy’s YouTube channel about life in Cat A prisons, he explains the hierarchy of prison life a fair bit, and why these attacks happen.

My sense is that most people like to have someone to look down on to make themselves feel more respectable and more reasonable, and prisoners are no different.

The career bank robber or tax fraudster regards himself as a cut above a rapist, and certainly a long way above a paedophile.

So there’s a certain kudos in dishing out prison justice from time to time, and keeping the nonces on their toes.

Plus, a lot of these attacks involve prison officers turning a blind eye or setting someone up, and that’s only going to happen in certain cases.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

If you watch Yammy’s YouTube channel about life in Cat A prisons, he explains the hierarchy of prison life a fair bit, and why these attacks happen.

My sense is that most people like to have someone to look down on to make themselves feel more respectable and more reasonable, and prisoners are no different.

The career bank robber or tax fraudster regards himself as a cut above a rapist, and certainly a long way above a paedophile.

So there’s a certain kudos in dishing out prison justice from time to time, and keeping the nonces on their toes.

Plus, a lot of these attacks involve prison officers turning a blind eye or setting someone up, and that’s only going to happen in certain cases.

Oh I’m sure there is a hierarchy inside. I can completely believe that someone who murdered an adult would view someone who murdered a child as beneath them.

A further look suggests that Sarah Payne’s killer has indeed experienced several attacks on him since going inside. So when an attack happens it might not grab the headlines in quite the same way like this Watkins story has done.

That being said, still can’t see much  suggestion that (my somewhat random example of) Philpott has experienced similar treatment. Maybe it’s low level stuff which doesn’t grab the headlines.

White collar crimes are seriously punished yet I just can't fathom how some hacker or dodgy executive who siphoned off a couple of million quid from JP Morgan's pension fund is as bad or in the eyes of the law worse than someone as malevolent as Ian Watkins who was literally trying to create his own paedophilic insectuous cult.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Oh I’m sure there is a hierarchy inside. I can completely believe that someone who murdered an adult would view someone who murdered a child as beneath them.

A further look suggests that Sarah Payne’s killer has indeed experienced several attacks on him since going inside. So when an attack happens it might not grab the headlines in quite the same way like this Watkins story has done.

That being said, still can’t see much  suggestion that (my somewhat random example of) Philpott has experienced similar treatment. Maybe it’s low level stuff which doesn’t grab the headlines.

One thing to remember is a lot of prisoners had rough lives and were abused as children themselves. I think there’s a real difference in how paedophiles specifically are viewed … Philpott is an evil man but I guess he’s not quite in the same category, although I agree the distinction is a little hard to fathom in his case.

But prisoners get attacked all the time, not just paedophiles. I guess it’s just when it’s a high profile nonce, it’s more likely to make the news because it’s a feel good story.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 06/08/2023 at 18:05, VillaJ100 said:

White collar crimes are seriously punished yet I just can't fathom how some hacker or dodgy executive who siphoned off a couple of million quid from JP Morgan's pension fund is as bad or in the eyes of the law worse than someone as malevolent as Ian Watkins who was literally trying to create his own paedophilic insectuous cult.

Totally agree with this, but I believe it because they are stealing from rich people. I mean, rape a peasant if you want, but don't take 0.000001% of a rich man's hoardings! Geoffrey Epstein's real crime was threatening the anonymity of rich people, not being a paedophile.

On 06/08/2023 at 18:15, KentVillan said:

One thing to remember is a lot of prisoners had rough lives and were abused as children themselves. I think there’s a real difference in how paedophiles specifically are viewed … Philpott is an evil man but I guess he’s not quite in the same category, although I agree the distinction is a little hard to fathom in his case.

But prisoners get attacked all the time, not just paedophiles. I guess it’s just when it’s a high profile nonce, it’s more likely to make the news because it’s a feel good story.

I worked in Derby on social housing and my friend was the site manager refurbishing Philpotts house. I spoke to my friend the day he first met Philpott, and his opinion was "I'm 62 years old, and he is the biggest word removed I have met in my life". No one was surprised when he did what he did.

45 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’m very surprised certain rock stars haven’t been massively called out for this type of thing. 

I think marilyn manson has, but as you say dozens of 70's big names were at it, the young strumpets used to chuck themselves at rock star groins with abandon

21 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I think marilyn manson has, but as you say dozens of 70's big names were at it, the young strumpets used to chuck themselves at rock star groins with abandon

• Like 1

Â