Jimmy Savile And Other Paedophiles

GarethRDR

24 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Well she was just 17, if you know what I mean?

McCartney (who wrote it) wanted to change that line, but Lennon insisted they leave it. 

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

McCartney (who wrote it) wanted to change that line, but Lennon insisted they leave it. 

McCartney would have been 20ish when he wrote that, is anyone suggesting a relationship between a 17 year old and a 20 year old is wrong?

*realises he's just defended the indefensible*

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

McCartney would have been 20ish when he wrote that, is anyone suggesting a relationship between a 17 year old and a 20 year old is wrong? 

No. The reason he wanted to change it was nothing to do with inappropriateness. It's just that the second line was meant as a 'placeholder' lyric, until he could think of a better rhyme for 'seventeen'. He suggested 'looked like a beauty queen', but Lennon told him that that was shit, and 'you know what I mean' was perfect. He was right. 

Exactly the same thing happened with 'Hey Jude', and the (initially temporary) line 'the movement you need is on your shoulder'. Lennon liked the oddness of it, and insisted they keep it. 

10 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

No. The reason he wanted to change it was nothing to do with inappropriateness. It's just that the second line was meant as a 'placeholder' lyric, until he could think of a better rhyme for 'seventeen'. He suggested 'looked like a beauty queen', but Lennon told him that that was shit, and 'you know what I mean' was perfect. He was right. 

Exactly the same thing happened with 'Hey Jude', and the (initially temporary) line 'the movement you need is on your shoulder'. Lennon liked the oddness of it, and insisted they keep it. 

Well someone clearly is because it was posted in this topic

41 minutes ago, bickster said:

*realises he's just defended the indefensible*

In the UK no, in the US yes.

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

In the UK no, in the US yes.

not relevant and not true

Not relevant because the Schmeatles were British so would be writing about their own life experience esp in 1962

And not true because it varies from state to state, could be as low as 13 or as high as 21 dependent upon circumstances

8 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Even putting aside my bias due to it being used in the opening of “…morning glory”, I think “Hello, hello, I’m back again” has storming chorus. 

Just sung by sick piece of shit.

Bit harsh on Liam. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â