Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

When he has been fit and played I have never been very impressed. I think he will go on a free when his contract is up and he will turn up in league 1 or something

When he does get his chance and is fit he will have to match the impact made by other young British players in his position, Barkley, Ramsey and Mutch.  It should be easy to tell after 10 games if he is Premier League standard.

This season is his last chance I think.

Don't mean that in a harsh "now or never" threatening way, but I just think if he doesn't show anything, Lambert will have to move on with the squad and get someone who he knows can at least stay fit for a season.

This season is his last chance I think.

Don't mean that in a harsh "now or never" threatening way, but I just think if he doesn't show anything, Lambert will have to move on with the squad and get someone who he knows can at least stay fit for a season.

I think he is still far too young for that. Still highly rated. You wouldn't want to get rid just for him to blosom somewhere else.

There will have to be a basis on which he will be given a new deal in that he will now have to stay fit and prove to the manager that he is worth a new contract if not in Premiership games then certainly on the training pitch and i'm not sure he will do either although i hope to be proven wrong.

I predict he'll be involved in the first team and he'll become one of the 4 important centre mids along with Westwood, Delph & KEA.  That 4th spot currently juggled between Sylla & Bacuna (who is now forging a career at RB) is up for grabs and I think GG is well able to claim it for himself.  It's up to him then.  If he fulfils my expectations then he'll be the attacking centre mid with Westy & Delph sitting back.  I hope he gets the chance and I hope he takes it.

I love a positive post, and I hope you are right.

• Like 1

He has to be introduced slowly after his recent injuries. Its a very important time for him, a few injuries now could damage his career and  that's all going to be on his mind, he has to overcome those worries and just play his normal game not to rushed and not to cautious. 

Anyway another vote for him from me, I think he has it in him to be a very important player for us, just what we are missing, IMO, fingers crossed ay Mr Gardner. 

Gardner has never had any time to show what he can do fur us. A game here and there doesn't mean a lot.

Given what he's done in the reserves and youth teams he has the potential to be a big player for us. If he manages to stay injury free then it's up to him because he'll get his chances.

I think his best chance is as a box to box player so he and Delph playing either side of Westy.

He doesn't really have the guile to be a genuine attacking midfielder in my opinion but can do a decent job in all areas of the pitch and then bang them in on occasion or arrive late in the box.

I think we'll see a bit of him this year (maybe odd start and some sub appearances) but it will be some time before we see the best of him. He has had two really bad injuries and he looked well off the pace in pre season (with the exception of his screamer).

Think he'll benefit from low expectations and maybe next year he'll be a player

If he stays fit it will still be a good while before he gets back to his best.

This time last year both Delph and Ramsey were players who looked like very bad injuries had taken their toll. 12 months later and both have come back to playing at a much higher level.

Â