Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

Sadly I don't think GG is the answer to our problems, barring U21 performances I've never seen him do anything in a Villa shirt whilst on the pitch.

He deserves a chance to prove he might be an improvement though. He hasn't really ever had a proper run in the team yet.

Well, I don't to see him on the training pitch to comment whether he warrants a starting berth but as I've said, whenever I've seen him I've failed to see him do anything worthy of a run in the team.

I put this entirely down to the McLeish factor.

Although I do remember a shot against Fulham that resulted in a Weimann goal.

I'd put it down to his unfortunate injury problems for not already having a run in the team but still just don't see a premier league standard CM player in him - I don't like saying it as GG has been a prospect for many years but he's never been able to take his chances.

At the moment, he's no better than Delph, Westwood or even KEA IMO.

Sadly I don't think GG is the answer to our problems, barring U21 performances I've never seen him do anything in a Villa shirt whilst on the pitch.

He is only a kid with promise, what would you be expecting?

He is only a kid with promise, what would you be expecting?

I'm not expecting anything - it's others who seem to believe he would be the answer to our midfield.

I agree he's just a kid with promise and IMO nowhere near the first team from what I've seen on past peformances.

according to the avfc twitter he's making his comeback game today for the u21's .

would suggest Lambert rates him to put him on the bench without playing yesterday, either that or a morale boost for him.

I think well be seeing more of him in the first team soon

• Like 1

according to the avfc twitter he's making his comeback game today for the u21's .would suggest Lambert rates him to put him on the bench without playing yesterday, either that or a morale boost for him. I think well be seeing more of him in the first team soon

Hope he at least gets a chance. Sylla has done little to impress when he has played so would like Gardner to get some game time. Maybe Delph, KEA and Gardner in midfield.

Have never seen what is so impressed about Gary Gardner in any games he played but I think he deserves a go at the min

Thats about where I am. all the hype but he has never had a good game (or appearance) for the first team. The usual problem with young players in they can't turn it on, week in week out - but at first team level we have yet to see a sparkle even infrequently....

Hopefully he can do a Delph..

I agree. Would be great if we could have a midfield of Westwood, Delph and a Gardner that lives up to the promise. Would be an all-English midfield as well, although I doubt the media would be spunking over that like they do with other clubs.

Have never seen what is so impressed about Gary Gardner in any games he played but I think he deserves a go at the min

Thats about where I am. all the hype but he has never had a good game (or appearance) for the first team. The usual problem with young players in they can't turn it on, week in week out - but at first team level we have yet to see a sparkle even infrequently....

how many games has he played for the 1st team?

cant imagine he has made more than 5 Premier League starts and when he was thrown in he was in a midfield with no experience or direction as Petrov was injured

Â