Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

Total of 16 prem games totaling 633 mins...Only started 5 of those games, been subbed on 11 times. With that one assist (Weimann goal against Fulham under the previous incumbent).

I would hope GG gets back into the team and stays there, would love an English trio in midfield of:

--------------Westy---Delph

-------------------Gardner

Would be nice for him to net if he plays against Stoke!

Have never seen what is so impressed about Gary Gardner in any games he played but I think he deserves a go at the min

Thats about where I am. all the hype but he has never had a good game (or appearance) for the first team. The usual problem with young players in they can't turn it on, week in week out - but at first team level we have yet to see a sparkle even infrequently....

I can understand where you are coming from, as you rightly point out we haven't really seen him play well for the first team. The thing for me is that he made his name at youth level as a midfielder with a good strike on him who could run in behind the strikers and get into the box. When he did make his first team bow it was in a defensive role where his attributes couldn't be highlighted. If (and let's be honest none of us can tell yet) he can bring those attributes into the first team then he may be a useful addition to the squad. Lets be honest none of our current incumbents offer those things.

Total of 16 prem games totaling 633 mins...Only started 5 of those games, been subbed on 11 times. With that one assist (Weimann goal against Fulham under the previous incumbent).

I would hope GG gets back into the team and stays there, would love an English trio in midfield of:

--------------Westy---Delph

-------------------Gardner

Would be nice for him to net if he plays against Stoke!

Dam you!!! I've now become obsessed with this midfield and convinced it will work and be the future of England!!

• Like 1

Stoke would be about the worst possible game to throw him in, they'll kick the crap out of him. Bad idea for a kid returning from long-term injury. I agree he should be given a chance and soon, but I'd recommend the Swansea or Palace games. Not Stoke.

• Like 1

Stoke would be about the worst possible game to throw him in, they'll kick the crap out of him. Bad idea for a kid returning from long-term injury. I agree he should be given a chance and soon, but I'd recommend the Swansea or Palace games. Not Stoke.

Pullis has left Stoke now and they are not as physical as they were. I would say it's more likely he will get a kicking from Palace now days?

He was at one stage considered better than Wiltshire but with all his injuries you do wonder whether he will ever reach his true potential.

We cannot wrap the kid in cotton wool forever. If he's fit he should be considered a start at Stoke. I suspect he will be on the bench though and lambert will persist with the ineffective KEA.

in all fairness 'wrapping him in cotton wool forever' and not starting him after he's been in full training just over a week after a long term injury (or 2) is not the same thing at all.

I see no point in rushing him back at all, he didn't feature last season or this so far, the squad can cope without him and he should only start when he's truly ready.

I think people need to put on the brakes a bit here with their expectations because the last thing he needs is being rushed back and possibly getting written off when he's not fully ready for the first team or having huge expectations on put on him when he should be in and out the team whilst he finds his feet again.

just my opinion, he may start at stoke but I'd rather a few sub apps before being thrown in at the deep end.

What are people expecting him to add to the team? Personally, i've never seen much from Gardner to warrant calls for him to be included in the first 11.

He hasn’t really had a chance to show what he can do.

He is still highly rated which is why he was on the bench last week even though he’s not match fit yet.

Hopefully his injury nightmare is behind him and he will at the very least be able to take the chance to prove himself in the first team.  

• Like 1

What are people expecting him to add to the team? Personally, i've never seen much from Gardner to warrant calls for him to be included in the first 11.

Think people are expecting him to add a bit of hope!

I'm in the camp that it will take him some time to get up to speed to have any impact. He's barely played any football in a long long time. He looked rusty as hell in pre season (bar the wonder free kick) and he;s been out injured since then.

Slowly slowly with this one few sub appearances and go from there.

He hasn’t really had a chance to show what he can do.

He is still highly rated which is why he was on the bench last week even though he’s not match fit yet.

Hopefully his injury nightmare is behind him and he will at the very least be able to take the chance to prove himself in the first team.  

He hasn't had enough time to warrant writing him off, that much is true.

But why is he so highly rated among Villa fans? He's never really done anything to get our expectations up, save a couple of good performances for the reserves. 

Â