Brad Guzan

R.Bear

I don't care how bad Bunn is, he needs to start the next game. He can fight for his career here; Guzan's must be over now. He's on significant wages for the Championship. Sadly I don't think anyone would be dumb enough to take him off our hands. 

This guy has been poor for years...people who said he was in the top 3 in the league must have been watching a different keeper to me. 

Even in his 'better' seasons under lambert we conceded a shed load of goals.

Another great move by sherwood...make a 10mill offer for a top keeper, guzan then thinks he can't be good enough...then he gets a journeyman no.2 who is not a patch on given and will never threaten guzans place.

Baffling

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Another great move by sherwood...make a 10mill offer for a top keeper, guzan then thinks he can't be good enough...then he gets a journeyman no.2 who is not a patch on given and will never threaten guzans place.

Completely agree with this, was just thinking it myself. Why did we not buy somebody to push Guzan? He basically knows he won't be dropped.

17 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Will say it again, worst keeper Villa has ever had.  We arent good but he has failed to make the saves he is being paid for.

I remember a thread on here where some people voted for him as our best ever keeper, better than the likes of Bosnich and Rimmer. We've had worse.

21 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Will say it again, worst keeper Villa has ever had.  We arent good but he has failed to make the saves he is being paid for.

no chance, we've had some right dross between the sticks

Off the top of my head in recent years - Enkleman, Carson, Kiraly, Marshall, Postma, Bunn, Steer are/were not as good as Guzan

Saying that, he's a shadow of what he was several seasons back. His confidence and ability have plummeted.

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

no chance, we've had some right dross between the sticks

Off the top of my head in recent years - Enkleman, Carson, Kiraly, Marshall, Postma, Bunn, Steer are/were not as good as Guzan

Saying that, he's a shadow of what he was several seasons back. His confidence and ability have plummeted.

I honestly rate them higher than him.  

Finished as a top level player. He should be dropped and Bunn put in to get experience in preparation for the championship next season. If Garde doesn't rate Bunn, then he needs to try sort this out in Jan as Guzan should not start for Villa again.

Â