Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

16 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

If women understand how little we grasp of their non clear communication at times. The amount of discussion and arguements you can have over something that wasn't clearly brought up is insane. 

Sometimes I wonder if I'm just an idiot, or whether every single male has it like this. 

Nope

Its definitely them not us pal

Best Friends Reaction GIF by Rocky

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

That takes me back. The OS board was technically the biggest pile of shite I can imagine. I remember a week or two of massive lols when it was discovered that the software that the site was run on allowed you to post on other official club forums with the same permissions just by changing the URL. And the other sites' mods were powerless to do anything about it.

If you think it's embarrassing the Villa site had an official forum mostly talking about us being shit, Blues had one as well. And on the Birmingham City FC official forum, hosted on their official website, the word filter swapped out "Villa" for "vile", How **** ridiculous is that. 

One of my 'associates' who is a Nose always refers to us as the 'Vile' and me as a 'Viler' 

I was thinking, is it racist to suggest that many of them originate from a different gene pool to wider society

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Shame none of those links work, I was looking forward to re-reading them.  :(

Am I the only person who was surprised to learn that 100+ year old bronze statues are hollow?

I can't say I'd given it much thought before this weekend but it did catch me off guard.

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I was part of the official AVFC message boards.  It's weird to think the club actually ran a message board whereby most of the posts in it were saying how shit the club was :lol: 

That got taken down around 2004/5 and I was in forum limbo until my brother found VT in 2005ish, I lurked for a year and joined in Nov 2006. 

It was in that year I decided what this forum needed, essentially someone incredibly annoying, obnoxious, idiotic and random.. 

Look At Us Paul Rudd GIF

As is to be expected, my early posts are pretty embarrassing to read back on.  Not my funny stuff, but the one's where I'm actually trying to say something or hold an opinion.  

I've received some pretty funny private messages over the years :lol:  

I remember when the "like" function came to be, when the site essentially restarted and all the old threads got deleted. 

For what it's worth I hated the SIFF World cup stuff, I thought that was shit. - sorry to whoever made it. 

The Scuba Steve stuff was ok.

Baselayers did trick me.

The best stuff for me always comes from @useless.  Honestly, when he (you) left this site for 6-12 months, the quality of this site fell through the shitter - never leave again. 

I find anyone who joined after myself to be a complete and utter noob and I hate you unconditionally. 

The people who joined close to/or after the "like" function are at an unfair advantage, so again - **** you 

Here's to another 15 years. 

I can't wait to die and my kids stumble upon my account :lol:  That'll be funny. 

"...dad was a bit of a prick wasn't he?" 

ghost dancing GIF by Headexplodie

@lapal_fan, there are plenty of incredibly annoying, obnoxious, idiotic posters on here.  You are never one of those but it does unnerve me slightly when you post serious stuff.  I absolutely love your random stuff, always cheers me up.

Now get this.  You joined the site on 22 November 2006.  EXACTLY THE SAME DATE AS ME.  That's a hell of a coincidence.  Does that mean you hate me unconditionally or am I OK? 

As I didn't discover off topic for ages I have only just read back the SIFF World Cup and Honeytrap threads. They didn't really do much for me, maybe you had to be there? 

I read back my early posts which were mostly to General Krulak and they are pretty cringe worthy, I am not sure what I was thinking.  Then again he was a fraud so sod him.  "Please contact Nicky Keye" WHY ARE YOU HERE IF YOU JUST WANT ME TO CONTACT THE CLUB YOU DIV. 

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

One of my 'associates' who is a Nose always refers to us as the 'Vile' and me as a 'Viler' 

Same here. Saddos. 

32 minutes ago, choffer said:

Am I the only person who was surprised to learn that 100+ year old bronze statues are hollow?

I can't say I'd given it much thought before this weekend but it did catch me off guard.

Really?  Jesus Christ, that information has left me feeling like an empty shell. 

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

@lapal_fan, there are plenty of incredibly annoying, obnoxious, idiotic posters on here.  You are never one of those but it does unnerve me slightly when you post serious stuff.  I absolutely love your random stuff, always cheers me up.

Now get this.  You joined the site on 22 November 2006.  EXACTLY THE SAME DATE AS ME.  That's a hell of a coincidence.  Does that mean you hate me unconditionally or am I OK? 

As I didn't discover off topic for ages I have only just read back the SIFF World Cup and Honeytrap threads. They didn't really do much for me, maybe you had to be there? 

I read back my early posts which were mostly to General Krulak and they are pretty cringe worthy, I am not sure what I was thinking.  Then again he was a fraud so sod him.  "Please contact Nicky Keye" WHY ARE YOU HERE IF YOU JUST WANT ME TO CONTACT THE CLUB YOU DIV. 

Blocked.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I was on 606 until it closed down, then joined here 2013 (that late!?) and made a habit of getting 3 day bans frequently.

I wish they life-timed you.

Poll.  Laughing emoji to boot @StefanAVFC, sad face to keep. 

:lol:   

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I was on 606 until it closed down, then joined here 2013 (that late!?) and made a habit of getting 3 day bans frequently.

Yeah, me to but @limpid soon broke me down like a horse whisperer taming a wild stallion. 

Edited by sidcow

On 06/06/2011 at 15:13, tonyh29 said:

Don't think it's covered elsewhere but this a thread for those simple things that you've often thought about

( suppose it could have been the Ask BOF anything thread but he appears to have turned into Wenger and can't see it )

Anyway my question is :

When I go visit my nan at her care home they often have group sessions where they all sit around and sing songs .. they are always singing "Roll out the barrels" and "Get Me to the Church on Time" etc so I wondered ....

When I'm 80+ and in a care home will my group music sessions involve sitting around an out of tune piano singing Nirvana and Oasis songs with my fellow inmates .. or is Get me to the church a timeless classic that I need to start learning when I'm 79 ?

I believe that Milkshake by Kelis will be the care home song of choice by then.  That or Baby Got Back. 

36 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I believe that Milkshake by Kelis will be the care home song of choice by then.  That or Baby Got Back. 

Think I’ll opt for Dignitas over either 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I was part of the official AVFC message boards.  It's weird to think the club actually ran a message board whereby most of the posts in it were saying how shit the club was :lol: 

That got taken down around 2004/5 and I was in forum limbo until my brother found VT in 2005ish, I lurked for a year and joined in Nov 2006. 

It was in that year I decided what this forum needed, essentially someone incredibly annoying, obnoxious, idiotic and random.. 

I had wondered if anyone besides me joined VT as a result of the board on the OS shutting down.  I  lurked on the AVFC message board for a few months before they closed it, but it must have been around 2007 that it shut down because I didn't follow Villa before then.   I can't remember how I stumbled onto VT, but I seem to remember that I learned about it from the OS.  Perhaps they posted a list of other fan forums for people to try when they shut theirs down?   I can't believe I would have put in any more effort than copying a URL to find a different forum.   I lurked here for a couple of years before joining, though I can't remember it was a compelling need to post something that caused me to finally join.  Probably not, since it must have taken me 5 years to hit 50 posts.   I still don't post much given the amount of time I spend on here reading, but I'm gradually learning from many of your examples that it's not necessary to have something worthwhile to contribute in order to post. 😉

I joined March 2008 but definitely lurked for a long time before. I was on the 606 boards and really enjoyed them. I'll never forget the day they shut them down and everyone went ballistic.

I think I found VT at that time but it seemed so huge and intimidating that I used to read a smaller forum called VBB (Villa Blues and Baggies.) Eventually it just died out and now it's forum graveyard. 

Eventually I just realized that VT was mainly about 20 - 25 of the same m*ngs word posting b*ll*cks all day so I jumped in.

Edited by TheAuthority
I just discovered a new word filter :)
  • Like 2

On 24/05/2020 at 11:28, limpid said:

No, but if I find myself in a tube station at midnight....

Sorry for the late reply, but errr no! 

The Jam only jumped on the bandwagon. 

The correct answer is doing Leslie Ash behind a gate in Brighton! 

Thank you 

Â