Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I sort of get it, and sort of don't. 

Actual music, I'm all for obsessive completism - obscure b-sides, bonus tracks, remixes, alternative outtakes, etc. 

But multiple copies of exactly the same music, just because the sleeve or label is slightly different, no, that just seems silly. I'd rather spend that money on some different music. 

Absolutely agree with this. I will rarely by the same record twice, though if I love a record I will buy a nice vinyl version of it or there are an absolute mass of extra tracks on it. I wouldn’t buy every single version of a CD/vinyl/tape for completeness. 

Saying that though,I do understand where @rjw63 is coming from, he’s obsession is rather well known... ;)  the idea of one sided vinyls is cool though :) 

7 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Why are all footballer YouTube compilations accompanied by a shite soundtrack??? Is there a special CD/Spotify playlist full of awful Euro-dance tracks just for YouTube videos? 

I assume it's the favourite genre of music for the kind of nerd that spends their spare time making those compilations.  What annoys me is when they label them 'Welcome To Villa, Lionel Messi' or whoever the video is about when there is zero chance they will sign for us.

• Like 1

I've been wondering for a while whether there is a reason memes and videos and Tik Toks etc so regularly have glaringly obvious spelling mistakes in them. YEah it might be that people are thick or post stuff in a rush.

But I see it so often and they are so blatant even the briefest of proof reads would catch them.

So I'm wondering if they've worked out that people notice memes or videos more when there's a spelling mistake or something weird like that

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I've been wondering for a while whether there is a reason memes and videos and Tik Toks etc so regularly have glaringly obvious spelling mistakes in them. YEah it might be that people are thick or post stuff in a rush.

But I see it so often and they are so blatant even the briefest of proof reads would catch them.

So I'm wondering if they've worked out that people notice memes or videos more when there's a spelling mistake or something weird like that

I always thought it was down to those types thinking it was somehow cool to write in that way. A bit like the weirdos that type out their sentences with a Scottish accent on Twitter. 

Either that or they’re just dense words removed. 

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

I always thought it was down to those types thinking it was somehow cool to write in that way. A bit like the weirdos that type out their sentences with a Scottish accent on Twitter. 

Nah these are like blatant ones. Using completely the wrong word. 

I remember one that said something about a shoulder rub but it said “soldier rub”. And it was from an account that is run by someone who is clearly pretty switched on. 

might be nothing, but part of me wonders if it’s deliberate to get people to notice the meme

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Nah these are like blatant ones. Using completely the wrong word. 

I remember one that said something about a shoulder rub but it said “soldier rub”. And it was from an account that is run by someone who is clearly pretty switched on. 

might be nothing, but part of me wonders if it’s deliberate to get people to notice the meme

Must be something in it.

More and more stories and reports on social media are engineered specifically for people to write in the comments about what a stupid story it is. It seems to be more profitable to post shite that gets people complaining in the comments than actual factually informative articles.

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Must be something in it.

More and more stories and reports on social media are engineered specifically for people to write in the comments about what a stupid story it is. It seems to be more profitable to post shite that gets people complaining in the comments than actual factually informative articles.

Exactly what I was thinking. It probably helps them to have loads of people commenting saying “*you’re” and stuff 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Exactly what I was thinking. It probably helps them to have loads of people commenting saying “*you’re” and stuff 

I don’t follow the Sun on Facebook but it appeared on my timeline a couple of times yesterday (or day before).

First one was saying that the Newcastle deal to the Saudis was going to collapse. Then later in the day they ran a story listing some crazy transfers they were doing with their new wealth, obviously then everyone floods to the comments to say “make your mind up, you said the deal was off this morning”. I think they engineer these things specifically to generate comments. It’s like no publicity (comments) is bad publicity (comments).

3 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Ah dinnae ken whit yer goan on aboot, ye bampot. 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Genie said:

Must be something in it.

This is the problem with the decline of paid for news content.  If you won't pay for shit, you're going to end up with....... Shit. 

20 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

YEah, I don't know how these errors keep in. They need to pay more attention to what they're writing. 

3 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Will she accept?

Depends what you're asking?

If it's marriage or moving or in, don't ask! If there is that level of doubt, your relationship it just isn't at that stage yet. 

If it's going out on a date, just ask. You can't lose what you don't have. If she says no then you are in the same position as you are now, a guy with no-one to love!

If it's what @It's Your Round is suggesting, just ram it in, guage her reaction and if it's negative, immediately apologise and plead some kind of accident! 🤪

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

When I get money out at the ATM, I always say I don't want an 'advice slip', so I have no idea what one is. I like to imagine that it just says 'DON'T WASTE IT!!!' in Comic Sans.

You’re going to be severely underwhelmed if and when you finally print one.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah you’re probably right on that one I reckon, prob something about the psychology of seeing a mistake and it therefore registering more in the mind.

• Like 1

Â