Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

41 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

You’re going to be severely underwhelmed if and when you finally print one.

That's what I thought . . . so I'll have to make sure I never select 'yes' and puncture my dreams.

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

That's what I thought . . . so I'll have to make sure I never select 'yes' and puncture my dreams.

The American ones are weird, I took a picture of mine from when I was on holiday a few years back

80-AD8-F1-C-AB6-C-42-AF-B8-FB-0-A2-E9-FC

Edited by Genie

14 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s Zimbabwe dollars. He’s basically forty quid overdrawn.

I was offered a 100  trillion dollar note when I was there , bloke told me they were rare and wanted $30 for it , he kind weakened his case when he had about 309 of them in his possession 

I’ve seen them on eBay for about £3 so glad I didn’t buy one , even though the novelty value of having one was tempting 

• Like 2

I recently opened an old sweets tin and found a stash of Maltese Lira, notes and coins. Plus 3 Oyster cards and a blackberry.

I don’t remember being a spy, but all the evidence is there.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I recently opened an old sweets tin and found a stash of Maltese Lira, notes and coins. Plus 3 Oyster cards and a blackberry.

I don’t remember being a spy, but all the evidence is there.

That’s always a tricky one to answer that is , I got asked it once  and said No , to which the person who asked me said “ only a spy would deny being a spy , therefore you must be one “

Presumably  , had I said Yes , that would also have made me a spy 

kinda know how witches felt in medieval times now 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

That’s always a tricky one to answer that is , I got asked it once  and said No , to which the person who asked me said “ only a spy would deny being a spy , therefore you must be one “

Presumably  , had I said Yes , that would also have made me a spy 

kinda know how witches felt in medieval time’s now 

Had a business meeting with some Libyans just when it was opening up and Gadaffi was our new friend for all of 6 months. Very early on in the conversation they asked me and my boss if we were spies! I mean, we all just laughed and didn’t really answer and they didn’t look for an answer.

Then it got really weird, meeting started in a hotel lobby. Then they wanted to split in to two meetings. My half of the meeting was continued whilst walking around some gardens, my boss, he literally got driven off in a big Mercedes and they had their meeting just driving around.

Absolutely nothing weird about that at all. We both agreed it was actually just an attempt to psych us out or put us on the wrong foot when discussing fees.

Do all the moderators on this site dance around their bedrooms at night singing "We are the Mods..... We are the Mods.....We are we are we are the Mods" 

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

Do all the moderators on this site dance around their bedrooms at night singing "We are the Mods..... We are the Mods.....We are we are we are the Mods" 

No, but if I find myself in a tube station at midnight....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Do cigarette companies have marketing departments? Do they have sales people? I mean how would they work out monthly budgets, they cant really force retailers to buy any more than they really need, an they can hardly put them on sale.

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Do cigarette companies have marketing departments? Do they have sales people? I mean how would they work out monthly budgets, they cant really force retailers to buy any more than they really need, an they can hardly put them on sale.

They definitely do in Bulgaria. There's always a couple of 10/10 wb's in the malls offering you to try Marlboro. Then there the eCig stands. 

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If you swapped bodies with another person would you be crippled by various pains that they've just become accustomed to over time? 

If you swapped heads with another person, would it be a head transplant, or a body transplant? 

11 hours ago, mjmooney said:

If you swapped heads with another person, would it be a head transplant, or a body transplant? 

I believe 'you' (consciousness, personality, thoughts) are your brain.  So, body.

• Like 1

I used to wonder if humans lived for hundreds of millons of years but our brains stayed healthy for the whole time, how long would it take before we started completely forgettng whole periods of our lives.

56 minutes ago, useless said:

I used to wonder if humans lived for hundreds of millons of years but our brains stayed healthy for the whole time, how long would it take before we started completely forgettng whole periods of our lives.

There's a science fiction story ("The End of Summer" by Algis Budrys) that is based on that very idea. It was written in 1954, so the technology predictions are a bit quaint, but the basic idea is that your memories would have to be contained in computer storage, and periodically re-uploaded into your brain. I happened to read it last month. I had first read it years ago, but appropriately enough, I'd completely forgotten it. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

Â