Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

6 minutes ago, choffer said:

Where do ice cream vans fit in the lockdown?

Theres one that’s tootling up my street every single day. Surely that can’t be considered essential or is he claiming he can’t work from home?

take-me-to-your-dealer-i16145.jpg

That was my hope. I’ve not dabbled for 20 years but I’m tempted by a funny feet. No two ball screw ball though, I know my limits.  

Edited by choffer

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

Do they make new ice cream vans? Or is it the same old fleet of Bedford CF ones that go on forever? 

Oh man, you are in for a treat, I’ve gone for pre owned cos that’s always more interesting, but here’s the next hour sorted for you..

Whitby Morrison

Pink-and-Raspberry-Ice-Cream-1.jpg

Check out the cost of the reg plate W1 PPY

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 1

Just now, Xela said:

There is a used ice cream van at £85k

That's a lot of crack, I mean, Fab lollies, to be sold to cover that. 

Not forgetting you also need to buy a gun to scare off the competition.

This brought memories flooding back growing up, although it's not this model as the one i remember had a sloping back.

When i was at senior school it was an orange Verrechia van that took my lunch money. Happy days...

5c8cfe1150ed9d46ac6d629b_tonibell bedford ca.jpg

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Has anyone watched Comfort and Joy? Cracking film about the Ice Cream wars of Glasgow.

Not seen the film but I’ve read up on it in the past (hence my adding the expense of a gun in to the business plan).

Fascinating that something as frivolous as ice cream can have a gangland connection.

I absolutely amazed my kids once (just the once!) We were walking through a park, central London and there was an ice cream vendor. I stopped, and asked, could I have two free ice creams for the kids. He looked a little bit surprised, and then said yes. I got the ice creams and asked if I could take two flakes. He said help yourself. I took the flakes from the jar, popped them in the ice cream, thanked him, and walked off. Kids: gobsmacked. Lesson: always ask, if you don’t ask, you don’t get.

He was either the nicest most easy going hippy street vendor in all of London. Or he thought I was some rival ice cream hit man, with two killer sidekick dwarfs. 

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Wow! You’ve must really believe in the ice cream business or be one seriously committed peado to splash out that much on an ice cream van!

They need to get with the times. You just need a Tik Tok account nowadays :ph34r:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

I got as far as 'I just resigned as a villa fan anyway' and realised my error. :)

Cone but not forgotten! (to keep it on the current ice cream topic)

Â