Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

The prison system needs s complete overhaul. When you have kids enjoying it in there and as good as wanting to go back there's certainly something wrong. A friend of ours who got 3 years for gbh, has done 1 an half and says he's not ready for release as he has more friends in there and it's less boring.

41 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

My brother is inside, fellow villan who messed up.

Anyway, he’s currently in 23.5 hour lockdown in the cell along with all other inmates where he is, they get let out for 30 mins in the afternoon to walk around a yard then back in the cell, they eat in the cell, wash in the cell.

Been like this for 5 weeks already with no end in sight.

I don’t expect anyone to feel sorry for him or anyone under those conditions but irrespective of your views on crime and punishment it’s pretty severe.

Then you read and see all the people ‘bored’ or ‘struggling’ with being indoors only allowed out for exercise, or shopping, or work, and you think bloody hell, whatever you do, if that’s a hard task, don’t ever end up in prison.

It’s not pleasant in there. That some people can claim to prefer it, just shows what the system on the outside is like for some people.

I’ve seen people get released and march up to the nearest place they could commit a crime, and stand there to wait to be arrested.

A fairly sorry system to be stuck in, regardless of what level of bravado glitter you can roll the prison turd in.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Then you read and see all the people ‘bored’ or ‘struggling’ with being indoors only allowed out for exercise, or shopping, or work, and you think bloody hell, whatever you do, if that’s a hard task, don’t ever end up in prison.

It’s not pleasant in there. That some people can claim to prefer it, just shows what the system on the outside is like for some people.

I’ve seen people get released and march up to the nearest place they could commit a crime, and stand there to wait to be arrested.

A fairly sorry system to be stuck in, regardless of what level of bravado glitter you can roll the prison turd in.

To be honest, if all this wasn’t going on it would be much easier for my brother, they have a shower/wet room in the cell, a TV with freeview, they can order a PS2 off their luxury items list as well as loads of other stuff and they’d have free rein to roam the wing - if they weren’t on virus lockdown.

Apparently quite a few confirmed cases in his prison already though so as hard as it may be for him he’s far safer on lockdown.

I don’t think he’ll end up a repeat offender, it was his first offence (though not a trivial one, hence why he is where he is) and he has a young family he’s now not able to see at all. Just been a really really silly lad the little bellend.

Ironically, he couldn’t have timed it better what with us all on a form of lockdown and government assistance on mortgage payments etc.

What would it feel like to set foot in Antarctica. In other words I imagine how cold it would be... Or how I'd feel if a volcano erupted and it's ash blocked the sun leaving us in the dark for a couple of years I like the dark but that might be a bit too much.

Edited by useless

On 29/04/2020 at 19:12, AVFC_Hitz said:

Why do Americans say 'Creg' instead of Craig.

Baffles me.

There was a study that found that men called Craig are generally the most handsome and have larger schlongs.
Admittedly, it was my own study on myself, but I think despite the small sample size, it’s rather conclusive. 

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

What prevents prisoners from working on their muscles without the benefit of gym equipment? Surely they can do push-ups, pull-ups, squats etc in their cells?

Really neither here nor there is it. 

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

What prevents prisoners from working on their muscles without the benefit of gym equipment? Surely they can do push-ups, pull-ups, squats etc in their cells?

You can't really build much muscle with bodyweight stuff

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Nothing but they're not going to turn into Hulk Hogan doing squat thrusts. 

How many prisoners come out of prison muscle bound? I mean genuinely, what stat is there telling us this is significant and not a Daily Express style worry about ghosts that don’t exist? Who’s actually seeing these Hulk Hogan profiles coming out of prison with there £45 discharge money? Is it all of them? 80% of them? 50% of them? I’d humbly suggest there are no facts just anecdotes here on little crims going in and then coming out like a body builder.

I think this might be a bit of over worrying.

We need to stop them reading books too, remember, according to Chris Grayling.

We don’t want them talking to each other either, they pass on ‘skills’ because it’s like a crime college in there.

They should be in solitary without exercise for a long time and not be taught any new skills, such as reading. Definitely no turkey on Christmas Day, its like bloody Butlins in there. 

When they do eventually get out, no way should they ever get a job or accommodation ahead of anyone that hasn’t been inside.

That’s the only sensible way to make them better people and get them to repay the tax we’ve spent on them.

• Like 1

I genuinely do often wonder what proportion of the more muscular people suffered abuse, bullying or other forms of having little control over events in their formative years. 

I certainly grew up around farming types who would very much like to be a big rugby player for which this musing wouldn't apply. They're massive because they pick up tractors in their spare time from an early age and obviously there's the body beautiful peeps who want to do a Charles atlas or be like the movie star.

And I take my hat off to anyone who is serious enough to persevere with things to the level some do. You have to admire dedication and perseverance in my book. 

But I do wonder about the %

I think it’s fair to say everyone that uses a gym does likes a dick up ‘em.

Except the ladies, obvs.

I don’t think I’m being controversial here, I think that’s just science fact law.

Incidentally, I grew up on a farm and the biggest thing I ever picked up was a dead chicken. 

I am quite puny, tbh. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

How many prisoners come out of prison muscle bound? I mean genuinely, what stat is there telling us this is significant and not a Daily Express style worry about ghosts that don’t exist? Who’s actually seeing these Hulk Hogan profiles coming out of prison with there £45 discharge money? Is it all of them? 80% of them? 50% of them? I’d humbly suggest there are no facts just anecdotes here on little crims going in and then coming out like a body builder.

I think this might be a bit of over worrying.

We need to stop them reading books too, remember, according to Chris Grayling.

We don’t want them talking to each other either, they pass on ‘skills’ because it’s like a crime college in there.

They should be in solitary without exercise for a long time and not be taught any new skills, such as reading. Definitely no turkey on Christmas Day, its like bloody Butlins in there. 

When they do eventually get out, no way should they ever get a job or accommodation ahead of anyone that hasn’t been inside.

That’s the only sensible way to make them better people and get them to repay the tax we’ve spent on them.

I don't think it's a problem at all. I bet it's not that many people who come out of prison stacked, and the people that do...it literally doesn't matter.

You may as well say anyone who is released from prison isn't allowed a gym membership in case they get stronger and more dangerous.

• Like 1

I'm no expert on prisons - and I hope never to become one! - but from seeing them depicted in pop culture, it seems more like the reason prisoners may want to get hench is so they don't get bullied/abused/beaten/assaulted by the biggest, angriest dickhead on the wing, rather than as a kind of CPD investment in their criminal career for after release. Maybe that's wrong, but if it isn't, then the best way to avoid angry, steroidal prisoners being released onto the streets is probably reducing overcrowding, increasing staffing, having fewer people go in for minor offences, and generally trying to make prisons like a less hellish place to be.

Admittedly I'm sure there's no surprise in my milquetoast liberal opinions on the topic.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I think it’s fair to say everyone that uses a gym does likes a dick up ‘em.

Except the ladies, obvs.

I don’t think I’m being controversial here, I think that’s just science fact law.

Incidentally, I grew up on a farm and the biggest thing I ever picked up was a dead chicken. 

I am quite puny, tbh. 

Don't think my sarcasm meter is so broken as I think you're serious obviously but broken enough so that I cant tell if this is aimed at my musing or not? 

If so, it was hardly a generalisation.

Â