Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

After a particularly gruelling PT session on Wednesday i popped next door to the co op and had an ice cold orange lucozade.

T'was like finest champagne 

8 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

After a particularly gruelling PT session on Wednesday i popped next door to the co op and had an ice cold orange lucozade.

Had a big bottle of that at work yesterday . I love the stuff, but it’s probably not great to have whilst it’s red hot and working on a building site. Made me more dehydrated .

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I usually find drinking a lovely cold glass of your favourite pop to be absolutely heavenly. Especially when you have days like yesterday. 

Same.

I'm not a huge drinker of fizzy drinks.

But on a cold day, a large glass of cold coke or fanta with lots of ice is so refreshing.

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Same.

I'm not a huge drinker of fizzy drinks.

But on a cold day, a large glass of cold coke or fanta with lots of ice is so refreshing.

Went to Ibiza last year and was all inclusive . I was hogging the freezing cold fizzy pop with ice. 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Does anyone have conversations on the phone and you don’t know who you’re talking to? I had a number ring me earlier which I didn’t know. The other person obviously knew me and asked me if I could get him a bag of cement this week. I said yes no problem mate. I then asked how he was doing, and he said he’s alright, he’s just trying to sort himself out, and he’s chilling with his dad. The convo ended with i’ll let you know about the cement, and he said cheers mate. I haven’t got a clue who it was. It’s not the first time I’ve done this . For the life of me I haven’t got a clue who it was. 

If you’re both on WhatsApp (and he was using his mobile), maybe his profile picture will jog your memory?

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

If you’re both on WhatsApp (and he was using his mobile), maybe his profile picture will jog your memory?

Tried it, and he ain’t on there. God knows who it was. I’ll find out when he meets me for his bag of cement. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Does anyone have conversations on the phone and you don’t know who you’re talking to? I had a number ring me earlier which I didn’t know. The other person obviously knew me and asked me if I could get him a bag of cement this week. I said yes no problem mate. I then asked how he was doing, and he said he’s alright, he’s just trying to sort himself out, and he’s chilling with his dad. The convo ended with i’ll let you know about the cement, and he said cheers mate. I haven’t got a clue who it was. It’s not the first time I’ve done this . For the life of me I haven’t got a clue who it was. 

This reminds me of a Billy Connelly joke/story he told once.

Dublin 2002 live was the DVD. Pretty funny story.

(TMTPITT)

On 26/07/2019 at 08:31, Rugeley Villa said:

I usually find drinking a lovely cold glass of your favourite pop to be absolutely heavenly. Especially when you have days like yesterday. 

On 26/07/2019 at 09:42, mottaloo said:

Yes, has to be whacked in the freezer quickly for 20 minutes and gulp!..   Cold Heaven in a can!

• Like 1

Sorry if this has been said already, but... do some people see colours slightly swapped round?

So like Blackpool play in claret, and Villa play in orange and blue, and the phone company Orange logo is all in what most of us would call claret, but wine is a dark orange colour.

This would explain how some people dress.

• Like 1

On 26/07/2019 at 10:42, mottaloo said:

I love lucozade,  especially ice cold,  like almost frozen.

They don't sell it here which is a shame.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Sorry if this has been said already, but... do some people see colours slightly swapped round?

So like Blackpool play in claret, and Villa play in orange and blue, and the phone company Orange logo is all in what most of us would call claret, but wine is a dark orange colour.

This would explain how some people dress.

You still an electrician ? How's that going ?

Image result for house on fire gif

• Haha 4

On 26/07/2019 at 12:48, BOF said:

How much less satisfying VT must be for the VTers in AUS & NZ to use day to day, because by the time they turn up, all the European contributions have been made and all they're doing is reviewing the days posts. Which is a damn shame! 

I might be having a blonde moment. If we are 9 hours ahead, doesn't that mean that English folk are reading our contributions after they've been made?

Haha! How the tables have turned! (I have no idea what I'm on about, I've spent 5 minutes questioning why your post has gone over my head, to no avail)

On 26/07/2019 at 16:01, Mandy Lifeboats said:

A small price to pay for great grandad stealing apples from his lordship's orchard. 

I thought the consequence for stealing from the Lord's orchard was the fall of man, hardly a small price, and it was a few more generations back from great Grandaddy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

They haven't.

I genuinely thought it was a thing. I look after a kid at weekends who always calls them kick-ups and then I saw this morning someone asking for sponsorship for a kick-up challenge. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by choffer

Â