Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

At the Homeless World Cup last week one of the guys was going for the world record keepy uppies. He got to something like 4,300 and got stung on the face by a wasp.

I went straight home and sprayed the wasp nest in my house eaves with Wilko Wasp Killer. Or as it should more accurately be named, Wilko mild irritant for wasps.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, choffer said:

someone asking for sponsorship for a kick-up challenge. 🤷‍♂️

I might ask for money for a sponsored breathing challenge. 

On 07/08/2019 at 13:10, chrisp65 said:

At the Homeless World Cup last week one of the guys was going for the world record keepy uppies. He got to something like 4,300 and got stung on the face by a wasp.

I went straight home and sprayed the wasp nest in my house eaves with Wilko Wasp Killer. Or as it should more accurately be named, Wilko mild irritant for wasps.

You've got to do it in the evening man. Don't do it during the day. Wait till dusk when they're all in there Bee Movie jim jams, all tucked up in bed. That way they are breathing it in all night. Do it during the day when they are all out they're all thinking that clearing in the woods has sprayed the stinky stuff again lads, wait a while until it dies down, in the meantime you lot go and annoy the shit out of him for a bit.

14 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I am reading that other nations don't keep their washing machines in the kitchen. Is this true? 

My parents' last two houses haven't had the washing machine in the kitchen. One was in the utility room (between kitchen and garage) and the other in the garage itself. 

24 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I am reading that other nations don't keep their washing machines in the kitchen. Is this true? 

I vaguely remember hearing that it’s common in the US to have them upstairs. 

My only other knowledge on the subject is that Kirstie Allsopp doesn’t have her washing machine in the kitchen. Probably.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Haha 1

Growing up we used to have a seperate room for washing machine and things like broomsticks,mops and other cleaning equipment, as did Grandparents. I think it's a pretty common thing.

27 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Yes that is true … some have their machine on the rocks in the local stream. Mine wanders around the house doing chores, vacuuming, dusting, cooking etc.

But a bit more seriously we have a room for the washing machine and drier.  Canada

Most detached houses have two floors … the main living space and bedrooms tend to be upstairs, and the washer drier combination can be found on either floor.

• Like 1

On 04/08/2019 at 12:56, A'Villan said:

I might be having a blonde moment. If we are 9 hours ahead, doesn't that mean that English folk are reading our contributions after they've been made?

Funnily enough for me you guys are 8 hours behind, but tomorrow?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Not everyone has the luxury of having a choice of washing machine locations. 

Indeed, our house growing up had a utility room where the washing machine was, I've recently upgraded to a flat where the washing machine is in the kitchen from a flat where the washing machine was in the bathroom, largely because the kitchen took up half my living room.  At least I'm heading in the right direction.

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Very true. 

Washing machine in the kitchen would be unheard of here. Always in bathroom or separate room, and always in a waterproof room. Which kind of makes sense, I think. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, bickster said:

Wut? Your bathrooms must be massive!

Yeah, but our kitchens are tiny.

Not really, though I would guess the median house size is slightly higher here. If you have a smallish bathroom, like a lot of smaller flats do have, you either get one of those small top-loading numbers, or use the laundry room. I seriously don’t think I’ve ever seen a washing machine in a Norwegian kitchen. Much like I’ve not seen wall-to-wall carpeting on a Norwegian floor since the early nineties :D 

Â