Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

9 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Speaking of @Demitri_C...

I have wondered this for a few years, I’m just gonna bite the bullet and ask, Dem, who is the woman in your avatar? 

I’ve been waiting patiently for ages for it to be have been mentioned in passing and I could pretend to myself I knew it all along. But it’s seemingly not going to happen. 

I’m wondering if I should keep you in suspense for another few years @Shropshire Lad :mrgreen:

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Speaking of @Demitri_C...

I have wondered this for a few years, I’m just gonna bite the bullet and ask, Dem, who is the woman in your avatar? 

I’ve been waiting patiently for ages for it to be have been mentioned in passing and I could pretend to myself I knew it all along. But it’s seemingly not going to happen. 

Put the link to a picture in a google search and choose " For matching images, try search by image"

Here is the link to Dems pic: https://content.invisioncic.com/Mvillatalk/profile/photo-thumb-671.jpg

Report back :)

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Put the link to a picture in a google search and choose " For matching images, try search by image"

Here is the link to Dems pic: https://content.invisioncic.com/Mvillatalk/profile/photo-thumb-671.jpg

In Chrome, right click the image and click "search google for image".

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Cheers.

Yeah, the Christina who didn’t sing about Genies. Would not have got that.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, limpid said:

In Chrome, right click the image and click "search google for image".

Handy! As a stubborn FF-user I had to rely on a addon to get that feature.

Lifts. Why are they so useless?

We have three lifts in our building, serving 8 floors and about 500 people.

Why are there never any on the ground floor? Surely it can't be beyond the realms of possibility for the lift system to be clever enough to realise that all three lifts are on the 8th floor, so automatically send one to the ground floor as it's going to be the most used stop?

13 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Wondering how @maqroll's first weekend as a restaurateur went! 

Fingers crossed you're looking more like Lagasse than Antony Bourdain!  

Not bad. Steady mornings but slow afternoons. My first ad is out though, and people will start hearing about it. 

20 minutes ago, maqroll said:

It's also not a restaurant, it's more of a coffee shop, but it has beer and wine to go. Also sake, vermouth, cider, soft drinks, etc.

Sounds like a bar to me. Or can the punters not drink their alcohol on the premises? 

Â