Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

@lapal_fan, there's a cool feature now too.

If you type your password out, it comes out as ****** automatically

Try it

Cooooooool man;

Limpidisasuperc**t!#IDST#Lapal_has_big-willy-for-the-GURLS#LOL#Paddywhackisgay#Rob182ismyrealbestfriend#Ihatemywife#andmyson_IWILLKILLMYSELFonMY12thBirthdaY

Does it work for you @StefanAVFC?  I can see it on my screen. 

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Cooooooool man;

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Does it work for you @StefanAVFC?  I can see it on my screen. 

I've quoted you, and it's asterisks...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

How is Dispenza not a real scientist? He studied a Bachelor of Science in his undergraduate studies. His postgraduate training covered neurology, neuroscience, brain function and chemistry, cellular biology, memory formation, and aging and longevity.

His Alma Mater are:

1) Life University

Life University is a private university in the Atlanta suburb of Marietta, Georgia, United States, that offers undergraduate, masters, and a Doctor of Chiropractic degree. In addition to undergraduate and graduate programs in health and wellness-oriented fields, Life University is best known for its Doctor of Chiropractic degree program. It is the largest single campus chiropractic college in the world. Wiki

2) Evergreen State College

In order to obtain a Bachelor of Science, a student must complete 180 credits, 72 of which need to be in science, with 48 of those noted as upper division. This requirement can be satisfied by one year of upper-division science. ESC

A science degree where In order to obtain a Bachelor of Science the qualifying requirement is less than 50% of the course has to be made up of science

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

His Alma Mater are:

1) Life University

2) Evergreen State College

A science degree where In order to obtain a Bachelor of Science the qualifying requirement is less than 50% of the course has to be made up of science

I did some research on Evergreen State College because your post made me realise that not all universities are the same.

They have a focus on the intersection between disciplines, and that would make sense with Dispenza going on to lead the sort of career he has.

They also have narrative report writing instead of A, B, C's etc.

But on to the sort of stuff a lot of people care about:

usnews.com's rankings has them at #1 in Best Undergraduate Teaching, #1 in Most Innovative Schools and Top 5 in Public Schools for the U.S' regional west.

However it seemed they f'ed up badly by creating a day which went horribly wrong for them, a complete PR nightmare which has taken its progressive culture reputation and thrown it off a bridge strapped to a cement slab.

Edited by A'Villan

12 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I did some research on Evergreen State College because your post made me realise that not all universities are the same.

They have a focus on the intersection between disciplines, and that would make sense with Dispenza going on to lead the sort of career he has.

They also have narrative report writing instead of A, B, C's etc.

But on to the sort of stuff a lot of people care about:

usnews.com's rankings has them at #1 in Best Undergraduate Teaching, #1 in Most Innovative Schools and Top 5 in Public Schools for the U.S.

It's a regional University. There are over 300 National Universities in the US. In those very rankings that you quote, it's #33 in the Regional Universities West category, we'd call it an FE College here, it is the lowest level of Tertiary Education. It offers no degree's in actual subjects, like Chemistry or History, just Arts and Science and you don't have to do that much science to gain a qualification in Science.

I would imagine going there to be largely a waste of money unless of course, you want to pretend to be a scientist in some sort of pseudo-science scam

1 minute ago, bickster said:

It's a regional University. There are over 300 National Universities in the US. In those very rankings that you quote, it's #33 in the Regional Universities West category, we'd call it an FE College here, it is the lowest level of Tertiary Education. It offers no degree's in actual subjects, like Chemistry or History, just Arts and Science and you don't have to do that much science to gain a qualification in Science.

I would imagine going there to be largely a waste of money unless of course, you want to pretend to be a scientist in some sort of pseudo-science scam

I spent more time than I should've scrolling through google reviews, about 300. There are only highly esteemed responses, ranging from people who have gone on to law school and Ivy League as a result of their education with TESC, to people who credit their success as a down-to-earth, compassionate social worker to their time at TESC. Any negative replies are in relation to something that happened where white kids were held hostage by black (some stupid s*** that the college obviously made a serious error in judgement in allowing to transpire).

It's different and it's a bit quirky, but as far I can tell it's a good education.

I went to a high school that is ranked top 5 nationally in best results for scores of public schools, #1 for non-selective public schools.

I currently attend a university that is top 2% of universities worldwide in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018. Top 50 in the world for 'young' universities.

It is a travesty that schools perpetuate the idea that students must aim for scores that by definition are only obtainable by a small percentage. Furthermore universities inflate their entrance scores to appear more sought after. A small, exclusive number of people obtain the grades to attend such schools. The entry grades are not based on ones excellence, rather the competition between peers for endless games of one-upmanship. What does science care about the simplistic correlation between high scores and the multi-dimensional qualities needed to succeed in any career? It doesn't and as far as I'm aware actually speaks against it.

You say pseudo-science scam. Universal truth is not measured in mass appeal. You, as a scientist, may not have an interest in mental health and addiction, I don't know. Dispenza's work is heavily entrenched in treatment and is obtaining the kind of results we should be concerned with.

Did you look into the book 'The Brain That Changes Itself'?

Â