Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

I'll confess I've never watched an episode of it .. I have heard of it , but the words American and Sitcom are enough to tell me I'm not going to like it 

I am generally of the same opinion. Really not a fan of sitcoms, British or American.

But Frasier was one of the very few exceptions (even then, its progenitor Cheers, was considerably better).

I'll confess I've never watched an episode of it .. I have heard of it , but the words American and Sitcom are enough to tell me I'm not going to like it 

I am generally of the same opinion. Really not a fan of sitcoms, British or American.

But Frasier was one of the very few exceptions (even then, its progenitor Cheers, was considerably better).

I can't resist offering Stuart Marconie's brilliant joke about Yorkshire folk from his book Pies and Prejudice.

It's about a man who retires and his wife organises a trip to Las Vegas. It goes superbly and includes what is regarded as Bob Hope's greatest ever performance. When she asks him if he's enjoyed it, he replies: Ah well, I suppose it were alreet for them as likes laffin. :)

• Like 1

I love Friends

I was one of those annoying people who'd watch it every day on E4 even though I'd seen every episode about a dozen times

Edited by Stevo985

Yep, about the same. I've seen it referenced for many years, I've seen loads of clips. But it's never looked like something I'd bother watching. On the little bits I've seen it's american sitcom shot on slightly out of focus video, so not for me.

Whilst I'm at it, I've never seen an episode of friends either.

I genuinely don't know how you've managed that. I reckon there are tribes in the amazon that have seen it.

• Like 1

Yep, about the same. I've seen it referenced for many years, I've seen loads of clips. But it's never looked like something I'd bother watching. On the little bits I've seen it's american sitcom shot on slightly out of focus video, so not for me.

Whilst I'm at it, I've never seen an episode of friends either.

I genuinely don't know how you've managed that. I reckon there are tribes in the amazon that have seen it.

I upgraded to one of those TV's with multiple channels and an off button. 

Out of curiosity, what channel was it on? I tend not to watch channels with adverts and I don't have sky. Thinking about it, other than a couple of late night newsy programmes, I don't think I've watched any TV for a couple of days. My mum got really really annoyed with me recently because she was trying to engage me in some very important gossip about someone in Coronation Street. I didn't have a clue who she was on about and she eventually accused me of being deliberately ignorant! Me! I'm a **** intellectual!

The TV will be on this evening because whichever of Casualty / Holby will be on. I'll be in the same room, but with headphones on (I'm a freelance air traffic controller and sex chat worker).

I'll watch Fargo on C4 when that starts up soon, but I'll watch it on replay to try and dodge as much advertising as possible. The house currently has a single 32" TV and most of it's use is as a screen for the x box and wii.

• Like 1

My mum got really really annoyed with me recently because she was trying to engage me in some very important gossip about someone in Coronation Street. I didn't have a clue who she was on about and she eventually accused me of being deliberately ignorant! Me! I'm a **** intellectual!

My mum is like that  .. I'll go around and see her and usually the first question is " Did you watch   Strictly / bake off / Big Brother / Eastenders / Coronation Street  / some other pointless show  last night  ?"

you'd think after countless  years of asking me this question she would already know the answer  by now

and then worse still , despite my saying No , not interested in crap like that , she then proceeds to tell me what happened  .... I'm picking her care home when she's older and I am keeping notes

Frasier was superb. Very witty and intelligent, thus, not everyone's cup of Twinings.

I felt it was a LOT less witty and intelligent than it thought it was.

That's kind of the point of the show.

• Like 2

My mum got really really annoyed with me recently because she was trying to engage me in some very important gossip about someone in Coronation Street. I didn't have a clue who she was on about and she eventually accused me of being deliberately ignorant! Me! I'm a **** intellectual!

My mum is like that  .. I'll go around and see her and usually the first question is " Did you watch   Strictly / bake off / Big Brother / Eastenders / Coronation Street  / some other pointless show  last night  ?"

you'd think after countless  years of asking me this question she would already know the answer  by now

and then worse still , despite my saying No , not interested in crap like that , she then proceeds to tell me what happened  .... I'm picking her care home when she's older and I am keeping notes

Hmmm do we have the same mum? 

I can't resist offering Stuart Marconie's brilliant joke about Yorkshire folk from his book Pies and Prejudice.

It's about a man who retires and his wife organises a trip to Las Vegas. It goes superbly and includes what is regarded as Bob Hope's greatest ever performance. When she asks him if he's enjoyed it, he replies: Ah well, I suppose it were alreet for them as likes laffin. :)

:)

I'd be surprised if anyone who knew me said I had no sense of humour. Just not keen on watching any TV comedy programme on a regular basis. If I do, it's more likely to be a sketch format show (Python, Fast Show, Little Britain, etc.) or something like QI or HIGNFY, than a sitcom or standup. 

Radio comedy is OK, stuff like Hitchhiker's Guide, I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue or The News Quiz. 

I either find sitcoms hilarious or shit, there's no real middle ground.  I can't abide (mainly American) shows where the audience find something hilarious when it clearly isn't, like every single fecking line of Big Bang Theory.  On the other hand I loved Friends back in the day, and having previously poo-pooed it without watching it, I've enjoyed How I Met Your Mother, so I'm not racist against US comedy.  Panel shows are always good value.

I'd be surprised if anyone who knew me said I had no sense of humour. Just not keen on watching any TV comedy programme on a regular basis. If I do, it's more likely to be a sketch format show (Python, Fast Show, Little Britain, etc.) or something like QI or HIGNFY, than a sitcom or standup. 

Radio comedy is OK, stuff like Hitchhiker's Guide, I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue or The News Quiz. 

im not into stand up comedy at all although i do enjoy tommy cooper. my fav comedies are rising damp,some mothers do ave em,steptoe,only fools, mostly older programmes which i grew up watching when i was little. little britain is funny and i liked harry enfield as well.

I wasn't having a knock at you, I just thought it was a very good joke about Yorkshire.

I personally take pride in the fact that I don't actually know anyone who shares my taste in comedy.

Declaring that I thought Schopenhauer was funny once led to a ridiculous misunderstanding. :)  

• Like 1

Hmmm do we have the same mum? 

I am both of your fathers!

If you know what I mean.. ????

My two.. hideous.. boys...should have bagged it up, i **** knew it.

Â