Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Yup. Given the option, however dull it might be, treading water at the lower end of the Premier League waiting for that knight in shining armour is still better for the club than going down and ripping the heart out of the finances. There's no guarantee you come back up. It might be more fun for some fans as you get to score more goals and likely win more games, but you're usually a smaller more damaged club for the experience, unless you get very lucky.

I doubt it would have a particularly negative effect on us. We'd come back up quickly. Under any plausible scenario, we'd be three or four times richer than every other team in there. 'Big' clubs that go down (Newcastle, West Ham) come straight back up, or nearly straight back up, unless they're also catastrophically-run like Leeds. 

I doubt it would have a particularly negative effect on us. We'd come back up quickly. Under any plausible scenario, we'd be three or four times richer than every other team in there. 'Big' clubs that go down (Newcastle, West Ham) come straight back up, or nearly straight back up, unless they're also catastrophically-run like Leeds. 

Not for one second do I want to take that chance.

Relegation is potentially a disaster. That's good enough for me to want it to never happen. I cringe when I see people say it would be a good thing.

• Like 2

Leeds can **** right off. Their fans are overly aggressive fucktard knuckle draggers that value fighting over actual football. Much like our neighbours.

This. Total scum. I celebrate their demise.

Not for one second do I want to take that chance.

Relegation is potentially a disaster. That's good enough for me to want it to never happen. I cringe when I see people say it would be a good thing.

There is no upshot whatsoever football wise but it might make going to watch Villa more enjoyable.

Leeds can **** right off. Their fans are overly aggressive fucktard knuckle draggers that value fighting over actual football. Much like our neighbours.

I just see that as a function of relegation rather than anything to do with a club.

Detached from any chance of prestige or glory the fans become increasing attracted by the other aspects of supporting a team, like collectivism, hatred and violence.

That offers a worse prospect if you get relegated, not just the crap football.

I just see that as a function of relegation rather than anything to do with a club.

Detached from any chance of prestige or glory the fans become increasing attracted by the other aspects of supporting a team, like collectivism, hatred and violence.

That would make sense if they weren't tramps when they were in the CL.  But they were.  They're just a rough crowd by reputation.  Having said all of that, it's a testament to the size of that club that if they were to come back into the Premier League (mjmooney look away now ...), they would instantly become one of Man Utd's biggest games of the season again.  United see Leeds as one of their few genuine derbies.

That would make sense if they weren't tramps when they were in the CL.  But they were.  They're just a rough crowd by reputation.  Having said all of that, it's a testament to the size of that club that if they were to come back into the Premier League (mjmooney look away now ...), they would instantly become one of Man Utd's biggest games of the season again.  United see Leeds as one of their few genuine derbies.

That also has a lot to do with the Yorkshire / Lancashire rivalry, that goes back to do with the War of The Roses. The Roses match in the cricket (cue: yawn, boring etc etc) is also one of the biggest rivalries in the domestic game (Also Lancs are based in Manchester, and Yorkshire are based in Leeds).

Edited by dAVe80

I hated Leeds the day I started following English football. Just as Aston Villa has an aura about it, Leeds does too, but it's an aura of depressing scumminess. 

Good man. [emoji106]

On that note. I wonder if you brought your kid to the pub and they wanted a Becks non-alcoholic, it'd surely be perfectly legal to give them one? It'd be weird and they'd probably hate it, but in theory it could be done? (unless a publican can tell me otherwise)

Â