Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

On that note. I wonder if you brought your kid to the pub and they wanted a Becks non-alcoholic, it'd surely be perfectly legal to give them one? It'd be weird and they'd probably hate it, but in theory it could be done? (unless a publican can tell me otherwise)

You would be subject to the same restrictions as if you bought them a pint. Non-alcoholic beer is classed as beer for the purposes of the law (they can have up to 0.05% ABV and still call themselves 'non-alcoholic'). 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

Had some non alcoholic beer last weekend. It wasn't bad to be fair.

I only drank it because I was at a barbecue and really fancied a few beers, but had to drive home. 

But yeah, it was the San Miguel stuff. Not bad at all.

Is it better to be a bit dumb than a bit smart? I mean, unless you were ridiculously smart and could actually do something with it, is it worth being in that sort of in-between area where you're smart enough to get a relatively decent job and be somewhat of a deepish thinker and sensitive person as opposed to just the other side of the border where you're not so dumb that you don't have a decent job and lifestyle, but you don't think about things so much and let them get to you?

Is ignorance really bliss? It's a quandary I've been having recently. I don't consider myself particularly smart, but I am quite sensitive to things and I am quite an internal and deep thinker. Sometimes I think I'd be happier if I wasn't so in my own head and just didn't think about things so much. I'd probably be better with most people and have more successful relationships too. A lot of the people I know seem to either be in relationships where they don't think too hard about things and it just happens, or be with guys that don't put too much effort in and it just works.

I don't like the idea of having to change myself, but I'm really getting to the point where I think some tweaks at least may be a necessity.

Is it better to be a bit dumb than a bit smart? I mean, unless you were ridiculously smart and could actually do something with it, is it worth being in that sort of in-between area where you're smart enough to get a relatively decent job and be somewhat of a deepish thinker and sensitive person as opposed to just the other side of the border where you're not so dumb that you don't have a decent job and lifestyle, but you don't think about things so much and let them get to you?

Is ignorance really bliss? It's a quandary I've been having recently. I don't consider myself particularly smart, but I am quite sensitive to things and I am quite an internal and deep thinker. Sometimes I think I'd be happier if I wasn't so in my own head and just didn't think about things so much. I'd probably be better with most people and have more successful relationships too. A lot of the people I know seem to either be in relationships where they don't think too hard about things and it just happens, or be with guys that don't put too much effort in and it just works.

I don't like the idea of having to change myself, but I'm really getting to the point where I think some tweaks at least may be a necessity.

I'm not sure you should be considering 'changing yourself' at any point in life. You change and grow and evolve every day, sometimes by 0.01%, sometimes by 100% through natural experience and evolution. If you're in any situation where you feel obliged to change to make it work, you're not in the right situation.

• Like 4

I'm not sure you should be considering 'changing yourself' at any point in life. You change and grow and evolve every day, sometimes by 0.01%, sometimes by 100% through natural experience and evolution. If you're in any situation where you feel obliged to change to make it work, you're not in the right situation.

I think I know this deep down, but I also know that even though I can't pinpoint what is wrong with me right now -- and there must be something because I'm not happy and over the past few years the women I want to be with just don't want to be with me -- there must be something I'm missing. I'm really trying not to value myself according to how the people I care about view me, but it's also hard not to to some extent. I need to fix myself and find out how to be happy and then I guess it must be easier for others to see that and want to be with you. I don't mean that friends don't want to hang out or that people don't love me, but relationships-wise I just seem to be striking out with the girls I really want to be with. The ones I don't want to be with are no issue, they're much more interested in me than I am in them.

Maybe I'm falling for the wrong women, and I definitely need to find a way of meeting more females, especially ones around my age who are sick of the games and know what they want in life to some degree.

• Like 2

You do seem to "care too much"/"worry too much". Maybe the girls you like find this a bit overbearing?

You've got to do the "fun" part before you get deep i guess. You're young, don't go into a relationship wanting to get married, have kids and buy each other slippers for Christmas, have fun!

You're a cool guy, it'll happen.

• Like 2

You do seem to "care too much"/"worry too much". Maybe the girls you like find this a bit overbearing?

You've got to do the "fun" part before you get deep i guess. You're young, don't go into a relationship wanting to get married, have kids and buy each other slippers for Christmas, have fun!

You're a cool guy, it'll happen.

I'm with lapal_fan (ooer missus). For as long as you chase skirt you'll be left disappointed, women are complex and intricate animals. If you start pandering to make them more interested, you've lost before you've even started.

• Like 1

That's an interesting and honest introspective there Ginko. I'd say someone with the awareness to even think along those constructively self-critical lines is cleverer than they think. You'll change by virtue of even asking yourself the questions. But that's enough. Mike is right. We change every day to one degree or another. You'll be fine. After all, you only have to find the right person once.

• Like 1

Ginks, if it breaks a duck and gets you up and running, one of us here in the VT community will probably take one for the team as it were.

(seriously though. she's out there somewhere mate, try and enjoy the treasure hunt)

• Like 1

Â