dudevillaisnice

29 minutes ago, wict01 said:

Think they'll be in the mire again next year. No chance Lampard is still their manager by May 2023.

Thats what i think too. Lampard is a poor manager and the swuad is still very average. They need heavy investment and eith the stadium and usmanov restricted they could be in trouble next year

6 hours ago, LondonLax said:

When we had our ‘great escape’ a couple of seasons back we were playing away when we got to safety. I have no doubt at all that we’d have been on the pitch had we come from 0-2 down at Villa Park to win 3-2 and avoid the drop.

Nothing after beating Sunderland 6-1 in 2013. Pretty sure we were on 40 points after that and as good as safe.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Nothing after beating Sunderland 6-1 in 2013. Pretty sure we were on 40 points after that and as good as safe.

Our fans were on the pitch after winning an FA Cup quarter final a few years ago 😆

If something like the turnaround that happed last night had happened to us we'd definitely be on there again. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats what i think too. Lampard is a poor manager and the swuad is still very average. They need heavy investment and eith the stadium and usmanov restricted they could be in trouble next year

He actually has a higher win rate than our manager 🤔

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He actually has a higher win rate than our manager 🤔

They've been impressive lately. Last 8 games they've got 16 points out of 24 possible. Beaten Man U, Chelsea, Leicester, Palace. They've also managed to come back and win after being behind.

Proper small time club. Invading the pitch because they avoided relegation is as sad as it gets. 

Can't stand people comparing us to them, They are like Birmingham City  more than us. 

We’d have absolutely invaded the pitch in that scenario.

We’re the only Club I’ve ever seen invade the pitch for winning a quarter final, which was against the not so mighty West Brom no less 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

We’d have absolutely invaded the pitch in that scenario.

We’re the only Club I’ve ever seen invade the pitch for winning a quarter final, which was against the not so mighty West Brom no less 😂

The winning combination of joy for getting local bragging rights (for the second time that week), semi finals at Wemberlee making it falsely appear more prestigious and a lot of day time drinking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Proper small time club. Invading the pitch because they avoided relegation is as sad as it gets. 

Can't stand people comparing us to them, They are like Birmingham City  more than us. 

The arrogance of some Villa fans never fails to astonish me. To think we're above being compared to Everton, when we're two both quite historically big clubs that have been making up the numbers and winning no trophies for quite some time.

To be honest, they should be more put out by the comparison these days. For reference, this is the second season we've finished above Everton since 2004.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The arrogance of some Villa fans never fails to astonish me. To think we're above being compared to Everton, when we're two both quite historically big clubs that have been making up the numbers and winning no trophies for quite some time.

To be honest, they should be more put out by the comparison these days. For reference, this is the second season we've finished above Everton since 2004.

Oh yeh sorry because they've done better than us over a recent period I'm not allowed to call them out on there pettiness. OK sir. 

6 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Oh yeh sorry because they've done better than us over a recent period I'm not allowed to call them out on there pettiness. OK sir. 

Take the piss out of the pitch invasion all you like, but the comparison to small heath relative to us is just a bit deluded, we've not been regularly better than them since the 90s.

Have to admit, I did a double take when I checked those historical rankings, I didn't realise just how rarely we finish above them. We were better than them in the 90s, but even in our glory days of the 80s, yeah we won Europe, but they've won the league twice since we did. 

• Like 1

I actually think they will have a decent season next year. probably finish 12th - 8th place or somewhere like that. Think they will need to have a squad rebuild though. quite a few ageing and unfit players will need moving on

Lampard has done a better job than Gerrard so far. I have doubts over him for them long term but they've done well to survive with the fixtures they had. Ignore all this 16th to 16th noncense they had the hardest run in and many predicted them to go down. 

They have a better team than Leeds and Burnley but they were in a rut.

Will see if it all goes a bit Tim Sherwood though. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I actually think they will have a decent season next year. probably finish 12th - 8th place or somewhere like that. Think they will need to have a squad rebuild though. quite a few ageing and unfit players will need moving on

The squad rebuild will be difficult though, it's rumoured and alleged that they're currently not allowed to spend any money without permission from the league under the terms of the completely above board, easily understandable arrangement they have with the league for completely ignoring FFP rules.

Regardless - I can't see them buying anyone unless they're generating the money from sales, and if the rules are being applied to them fairly, they'll need to sell a lot more than they buy.

• Like 2

Not sure Lampard has done a better job than Gerrard, Everton have taken 19 points from the nineteen games that Lampard has managed so far, we took 27 points from Gerrard's first nineteen games. We've also taken more points than Everton since Lampard was appointed.

I think they will be okay next season, were obviously in a false position, their squad isn't great but it's one that shouldn't be anywhere near relegation, a midtable team.

8 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Our fans were on the pitch after winning an FA Cup quarter final a few years ago 😆

If something like the turnaround that happed last night had happened to us we'd definitely be on there again. 

Yes I know, our fanbase seems to just do it when we reach Wembley in whatever competition.

Pretty sure last time we had mass pitch invasion for premier league match at VP was sending Coventry down in 2001 so it pretty much never happens for non cup games.

• Like 1

Â