dudevillaisnice

7 hours ago, Tom13 said:

IMG-20220520-WA0002.jpg

Ahhh Frank. It reminds me of when Redknapp took a team down (might have been QPR) and he was endlessly telling his media mates what an impossible task it was...until it was pointed out he took over in December with them actually 17th.

In a way I think the Lampard job has actually been similar to what Sherwood did here up to the Southampton 6-1. Got a tune out of Richarlison as we did with Benteke and largely played on emotion and tension given the huge threat of relegation.

Big test for Lampard will be August potentially having to replace key players on the cheap and continuing the good form at a much flatter Goodison. If he gets them to mid table in those circumstances then he will have done a good job there.

38 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The squad rebuild will be difficult though, it's rumoured and alleged that they're currently not allowed to spend any money without permission from the league under the terms of the completely above board, easily understandable arrangement they have with the league for completely ignoring FFP rules.

Regardless - I can't see them buying anyone unless they're generating the money from sales, and if the rules are being applied to them fairly, they'll need to sell a lot more than they buy.

They could sell Calvert Lewin and Keane for about 70m I bet. Both had really poor seasons but you know someone will pay stupid money for either based on reputation.

Bigger problem is if they have to lose Richarlison and Mina keeps getting injured as they're a mid table side with those two on form at both ends.

Think James Tarkowski on a free as short term move would be smart business as he can head the ball no problem so would probably stop 30% of the goals they've conceded this season.

51 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I actually think they will have a decent season next year. probably finish 12th - 8th place or somewhere like that. Think they will need to have a squad rebuild though. quite a few ageing and unfit players will need moving on

The main thing about their escape is that Lampard now can stay as long as he wants. An unlikely local hero.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yes I know, our fanbase seems to just do it when we reach Wembley in whatever competition.

Pretty sure last time we had mass pitch invasion for premier league match at VP was sending Coventry down in 2001 so it pretty much never happens for non cup games.

Or, on occasion, reaching the second round of the UEFA cup… :D

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yes I know, our fanbase seems to just do it when we reach Wembley in whatever competition.

Pretty sure last time we had mass pitch invasion for premier league match at VP was sending Coventry down in 2001 so it pretty much never happens for non cup games.

We also haven’t had the circumstances of last night occurring in one of our seasons so I guess we’ll just have to speculate.

3 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

The winning combination of joy for getting local bragging rights (for the second time that week), semi finals at Wemberlee making it falsely appear more prestigious and a lot of day time drinking.

And being sh*t for about 5 years before that.

I am not condoning what happened yesterday but like us they have been so starved of success that they are ready to celebrate anything.

It is coming up for 30 years for both clubs to have actually won a trophy and previously both averaged roughly at least one trophy a decade. 

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2

Unfortunately the league will do f**k all to sanction Everton even though they account for 17% of the total "COVID-19 losses" of the entire league. 

Pure shithousery and the teams around them have every right to be raging. 

• Like 2

I've had to recalibrate my opinion of Everton supporters this season. 

Really vile people doing vile things. I wish they didn't escape relegation. 

8 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Unfortunately the league will do f**k all to sanction Everton even though they account for 17% of the total "COVID-19 losses" of the entire league. 

Pure shithousery and the teams around them have every right to be raging. 

Timing of it doesn’t look great for them though. To do it pretty much immediately after Everton secure safety smacks very much of sour grapes even if they have a valid point.

• Like 1

Just close off the first few rows and put netting or some police there. 

Won't stop all fans getting on the pitch but will stop thousands and I doubt there's endless season ticket holders on first few rows.

European stadiums have it right, either a moat around side of the pitch or stands are raised above the goal (away end at Charlton probably best example in UK stadia) so it takes more effort and 10ft drop down.

Think how easy it is to get on the pitch if you're sitting in the witton lower so until clubs put proper barriers in place it will keep on happening. 

21 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

is El Ghazi still with Everton? has he actually killed a ball for them?

He's their lucky mascot 

On 20/05/2022 at 20:41, leemond2008 said:

is El Ghazi still with Everton? has he actually killed a ball for them?

My neighbour is an Everton fan and reliably informs me he has played 3 minutes!!!

Absolutely proved his week that they are the Scouse small heath

Pitch invasion to celebrate not going down

Racial Abuse from grannies at that game

After the game they attacked a bus, not a footballl supporters bus even, the bog standard Arriva bus that was just working its route with passengers on board and today… Nice celebration

They are 5-1 down and Man Citeh score the third so they start celebrating with blue flares going off because Liverpool aren’t going to win the league

And yes they play in blue which is just perfect

Oh and did I mention they haven’t got a pot to piss in?
Scouse small heath

• Like 1

Â