dudevillaisnice

14 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Rooney going to Everton would surprise me. He's not the type of player anymore that's going to push Everton to the next step. 

I don't think they're expecting him to.

They've spent £90m on other players too.

17 hours ago, Czechlad said:

That's a pretty good deal for Everton. £75 mil for Lukaku is insane. 

I'm not sure, seems about the new going rate for a top goalscorer - £50-£100 mill.

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Rooney going to Everton would surprise me. He's not the type of player anymore that's going to push Everton to the next step. 

It's been on the cards and being talked about behind the scenes around Everton for about 18 mths now, in fact ever since Moyes left Rooney has been trying to repair his reputation with their fans.

I know they have money now but never seen Evernot spend like this. Then again theyre just doing a Spuds before they got their Bale mula ; getting their business done early to avoid inflated prices (though 30m for Pickford is hella inflated) before collecting it all back on Lukaku

yep. A team that will be tough to beat and could do well, predicting the line up of the top 6 get's ever harder, some big sides could easily not do too much wrong and finish 7th. Excellent. A good bet for a cup I reckon. 

Hes 24 though and should get better and could easily get 30 league goals next season. Yes it sounds a lot and is a lot but hes a goal scorer. Makes me wonder how much Harry Kane is worth now £150 mil

8 hours ago, PaulC said:

Hes 24 though and should get better and could easily get 30 league goals next season. Yes it sounds a lot and is a lot but hes a goal scorer. Makes me wonder how much Harry Kane is worth now £150 mil

He's an old 24 though, he;s played enough in the last few seasons to be at his peak now. You're right thought if it was me I'd have offered spurs £90m for Kane instead, he's much much better.

• Like 1

There's a great video flying around of some of Lukaku's first touches, it really is very funny viewing.

He could never play for a Barca or Madrid imo, just imagine Messi or Ronaldo playing quick 1-2s on the edge of the box and then watching helplessly as the ball flys back to the halfway line.

Top premier league team is the best he can do. I think he'll score 20 no problem but then so did Zlatan and yet Man. United were miles off challenging so it's not as simple. Can he hold it up and constantly bring Pogba, Mikhi and Mata into the game would be the question I'd be asking.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, VillaChris said:

There's a great video flying around of some of Lukaku's first touches, it really is very funny viewing.

He could never play for a Barca or Madrid imo, just imagine Messi or Ronaldo playing quick 1-2s on the edge of the box and then watching helplessly as the ball flys back to the halfway line.

Top premier league team is the best he can do. I think he'll score 20 no problem but then so did Zlatan and yet Man. United were miles off challenging so it's not as simple. Can he hold it up and constantly bring Pogba, Mikhi and Mata into the game would be the question I'd be asking.

There is a reason Ross Barkley hasn't pushed on and one of those is Lukaku. You ping the ball into him, go to run off him and it's bounced 20 yards elsewhere.

Â