dudevillaisnice

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I think Koeman has played it right. Sign by the end of the next week or he will be sold, listening to the post match interview yesterday I got the feeling he thinks the agent and Barkley are playing games and he isn't standing for it one bit. He isn't even the best midfielder at Everton. 

Barkley is well within his rights to sit tight for another year and move for free next season.

Koeman can say "he'll be sold" all he likes but RB doesn't have to do anything for 12 months if he doesn't want to.

2 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I think Koeman has played it right. Sign by the end of the next week or he will be sold, listening to the post match interview yesterday I got the feeling he thinks the agent and Barkley are playing games and he isn't standing for it one bit. He isn't even the best midfielder at Everton. 

Jack Rodwell 2

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Barkley is well within his rights to sit tight for another year and move for free next season.

Koeman can say "he'll be sold" all he likes but RB doesn't have to do anything for 12 months if he doesn't want to.

they can not play him and then Barkley will lose out on a major tournament and probably his stock will go down. Look at Berahino

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

He is, you are right, But Everton can just make him train with the youth team for 12 months. 

5 hours ago, Xela said:

He is, you are right, But Everton can just make him train with the youth team for 12 months. 

I think they'd be getting into a dangerous area legally if they did that just because he refused to sign a new deal.

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think they'd be getting into a dangerous area legally if they did that just because he refused to sign a new deal.

I dont think they would. You cant force a club to play a player. Sure we had a number of players at Villa in recent years who have been forced train with youth players

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think they would. You cant force a club to play a player. Sure we had a number of players at Villa in recent years who have been forced train with youth players

If RB went from first team regular, working hard on the pitch and in the training ground with a good attitude then was banished to the youth team for training the PFA would be all over it plus no doubt Ross's own legal representative.

Its up to Everton, if they want him to sing they have to offer him something worth signing.

They don't have to pick him to play I guess, but "punishing" him for not signing a contract I'd expect could be illegal. 

Edited by Genie

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

If RB went from first team regular, working hard on the pitch and in the training ground with a good attitude then was banished to the youth team for training the PFA would be all over it plus no doubt Ross's own legal representative.

Its up to Everton, if they want him to sing they have to offer him something worth signing.

nothing happened when Hutton Bent and Given were forced into the youth team. 3 internationals with no bad reputation as off-field troublemakers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

nothing happened when Hutton Bent and Given were forced into the youth team. 3 internationals with no bad reputation as off-field troublemakers

Why were they put in the youth team? 

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Everton are buying everyone!

massive top 4 challenge this year, could see them sneaking into a possible cheeky second place.

No chance. I'm not saying it won't happen in the next few years, but definitely not this season. Top 6 will be the aim then build from there.

Chelsea 

Arsenal 

Spurs 

Man City 

Man Utd 

Liverpool

you would still fancy those clubs to finish above Everton. I think if they get 6th then that's a success. Obviously going for one of the domestic cups too. 

I've just asked that question [Everton bridging the gap to 6th] elsewhere, just to get it straight in my own mind.

The signings they've made; and look to be making; have been impressive.

Pickford will make a huge difference in goal. Keane will improve the defence.  Klaassen in midfield could go either way, but law of averages suggests he's a very solid signing.  I suspect Rooney; although costing a fortune; will get them goals in a world cup year.

The problem will be who leaves.  It's looking like Lukaku will go.  That's one problem.  That means Rooney, Giroud, Niasse & Ramirez will have to get those goals between them.

But if Barkley leaves as well, then they're in big trouble.  To use my favourite analogy.  Now you have a gun with no bullets.  I know last season he didn't quite reach the levels people expected him to, but he was still statistically way ahead of anyone else in that midfield, and whether you think he's over-rated or not, there aren't many players who could step in and do his job to that level from day one.

So it could be 2 steps forward and 2 steps back.

At least it looks as though Koeman is going nowhere for now, so that's a plus for them too.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

they'll finish 7th again

I agree.

I'm not that impressed with their signings to be honest, they don't appear to be good enough to close the gap. They look to have been ripped off on the transfer fee's too. I somehow expect that if they'd bought the same players for half the fee's they paid people wouldn't be as excited (and also wouldn't really feel they'd got super bargains either).

Someone said something on Facebook the other day about Everton spending £100m on players and none would get in their (Liverpool's) first team. I'd have to agree.

Edited by Genie

Everton have been doing good business. I know they've spent an absolute king's ransom, but these look like good players, several of whom are either at their peak age or will grow into it. They'll recoup a lot of what they spend from Lukaku. If they were just buying any old toss (Liverpool are interested in Andy Robertson!) I wouldn't fancy them but I really think they could easily break top 6, and who knows, maybe an outside chance of 4th. 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Someone said something on Facebook the other day about Everton spending £100m on players and none would get in their (Liverpool's) first team. I'd have to agree.

Was it a Liverpool fan? 

It just obviously isn't true, particularly in the case of Pickford and Keane. 

Â