dudevillaisnice

Yeah I think the problem he's had for most of his career is his Roy of the rovers mentality, I doubt very much that as he's got older and physically he's dropping he's going to adapt his game to suit, or his fitness regime, he's going to still try and do the thing he's always done but be shitter at it, probably get frustrated at himself, a frustrated Rooney usually ends up clogging the midfield and ruins a teams shape

id like to see him get a fairytale end there but I'm struggling 

big test for koeman and fair play to him if he manages him properly 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, VillaChris said:

There's a great video flying around of some of Lukaku's first touches, it really is very funny viewing.

He could never play for a Barca or Madrid imo, just imagine Messi or Ronaldo playing quick 1-2s on the edge of the box and then watching helplessly as the ball flys back to the halfway line.

Top premier league team is the best he can do. I think he'll score 20 no problem but then so did Zlatan and yet Man. United were miles off challenging so it's not as simple. Can he hold it up and constantly bring Pogba, Mikhi and Mata into the game would be the question I'd be asking.

Some of these are hilarious 

• Like 1

Before watching that, I know his first touch through ball against Stoke is going to be in there. I was in stitches after I saw that. Never saw a player get an assist for the other team with their first touch in the opposition half :crylaugh:

8 hours ago, Xela said:

He's 5 years younger than Terry but I doubt he is anywhere near as fit as JT. 

I'm 30+ and I reckon I could take Rooney in any fitness test. I'm not a fitness fanatic or anything but Rooney just looks like a someone who eats/drinks the wrong things and doesn't understand what is required from a professional athlete. His body shape doesn't strike me as someone who is going to last 90 minutes.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Jesus, my first touch is better than that! He makes Gabby look like Bergkamp.

Yes but he scored more goals in one season than Gabby has in 10

Edited by PaulC

18 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Before watching that, I know his first touch through ball against Stoke is going to be in there. I was in stitches after I saw that. Never saw a player get an assist for the other team with their first touch in the opposition half :crylaugh:

Bacuna vs Southampton ;)

Lukakau is never worth £75m. Crazy money. I'd still prefer Benteke....

Edited by PieFacE

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Both are class but Lukaku is better than Benteke. 

We shall see now as now he will be playing for a much bigger club than everton, like tekkers did at liverpool. we see end of the season how he does. I think he is going to flop personally 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We shall see now as now he will be playing for a much bigger club than everton, like tekkers did at liverpool. we see end of the season how he does. I think he is going to flop personally 

Imo he will continue his 20+ goals. He's a different kind of monster compared to Benteke.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Imo he will continue his 20+ goals. He's a different kind of monster compared to Benteke.

In theory yes, but some players cannot handle the big expectations at huge clubs 

Â