dudevillaisnice

24 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Will Lukaku really be that big of a loss? I know he's a guaranteed 25 goals a season, but if they can get that between 2 of the strikers they signed they should be okay. They can play a more fluid style too as I feel he hinders their play style a bit due to his limitations. 

He is a monster. Potentially world class if not already.

Giroud will get you 10-15 goals a season but he was one of the reasons why that Arsenal side never challenged for the title. Rooney I think is a has been. Liverpool have already signed Salah and may get Keita. I personally think their squad is better than Evertons. 

10 hours ago, BOF said:

I've just asked that question [Everton bridging the gap to 6th] elsewhere, just to get it straight in my own mind.

The signings they've made; and look to be making; have been impressive.

Pickford will make a huge difference in goal. Keane will improve the defence.  Klaassen in midfield could go either way, but law of averages suggests he's a very solid signing.  I suspect Rooney; although costing a fortune; will get them goals in a world cup year.

The problem will be who leaves.  It's looking like Lukaku will go.  That's one problem.  That means Rooney, Giroud, Niasse & Ramirez will have to get those goals between them.

But if Barkley leaves as well, then they're in big trouble.  To use my favourite analogy.  Now you have a gun with no bullets.  I know last season he didn't quite reach the levels people expected him to, but he was still statistically way ahead of anyone else in that midfield, and whether you think he's over-rated or not, there aren't many players who could step in and do his job to that level from day one.

So it could be 2 steps forward and 2 steps back.

At least it looks as though Koeman is going nowhere for now, so that's a plus for them too.

Everton's problem is mentality.

They have plenty of good players but lack of killer mentality in crucial moments of the season (similar to us under MON).

It was there during the Moyes era and also that good season they had under Martinez when they were 4th going into April I think.

Even last season they went on good runs and then lost form just as they were closing in on Man. United.

Take their record v Liverpool. It is diabolical. Yes Liverpool have a better team but I wouldn't say there's a massive gulf in the 11s bar Coutinho and Mane. Yet Liverpool go into those games expecting to win them against Everton hoping to win. Which explains why Everton haven't won at Anfield since 1999.

It helps them having a winner like Koeman as manager though. I could see him getting hacked off at their inconsistant form last season and so clamping down on those hit and miss players like Ross Barkley.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I'd rather have Pickford, Keane, Rooney, and Giroud than Lukaku. Those 4 have sured up a lot of their issues. Barkley was very inconsistent as the attacking mid, so if Rooney is brought in, they will likely get more production out of him. They also now have a good young keeper, and a quality center back to partner Williams. Jageilka is also a good option as well. 

I think Everton needs a quality winger, and they are set. Mirallas, Lennon, and Bolasie are good, but they need a game changer. 

Certainly need a winger. Bolaise is out injured for most of this season, Lennon obviously has his off field issues so just getting him on the pitch again will be a success and Mirallas really hasn't done much for a few seasons now so might be one Everton will move on as imagine he's on a decent wage.

57 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I thought he has already said hes leaving and its just a matter whether he ends up and United or Chelsea

I'm not sure he was that explicit.

Various respectable sources seem to be saying that Everton have no real appetite to sell him, hence they've allegedly set an asking price of £100m, which nobody is going to match, imo.

Edited by Stevo985

41 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I'd rather have Pickford, Keane, Rooney, and Giroud than Lukaku. Those 4 have sured up a lot of their issues. Barkley was very inconsistent as the attacking mid, so if Rooney is brought in, they will likely get more production out of him. They also now have a good young keeper, and a quality center back to partner Williams. Jageilka is also a good option as well. 

I think Everton needs a quality winger, and they are set. Mirallas, Lennon, and Bolasie are good, but they need a game changer. 

I agree with the main thrust here, but not some of the specific points. Jagielka is almost certainly now 5th-choice centre back (Williams, Keane, Funes Mori, Holgate, Jagielka) and should really be getting his agent to engineer a hero's return to Sheff Utd IMO. Lennon is sadly indisposed and may conceivably never play for them again, and Mirallas is one who always flatters to deceive and as @VillaChris says, he's probably on a  sizeable wage so is fat that could easily be trimmed. 

I think they need another quality winger given Bolasie's injury. 

Agree on your other points though. 

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not sure he was that explicit.

Various respectable sources seem to be saying that Everton have no real appetite to sell him, hence they've allegedly set an asking price of £100m, which nobody is going to match, imo.

The Rooney deal may hinge on Lukaku going the other way

5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

For £75m you need to be getting a player who does it in every game. Lukaku is like benteke, they both are lazy and don't give you 100% effort all the time.

£75 million is the new £30 mill.

At 24 he is still young enough to improve but 25 goals a season is a good starting point. Benteke is what he is, a very good goal every two game striker but he wont get any better. 

13 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Although Jim Shite on TS is saying no deal agreed

It could be that the whole deal isn't agreed but that the fee has been agreed. Now united need to agree personal terms with Lukaku.

4 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Looks to be £75 mil + Rooney free loan for a year. Although Jim Shite on TS is saying no deal agreed and his tongue seems to be firmly attached to Farhad Moshiris bumhole so seems likely he would know the truth

That's a pretty good deal for Everton. £75 mil for Lukaku is insane. Only issue is Rooney still has 2 more years on his deal at United. It's obviously great the Everton would get Rooney for a year loan without having to pay wages, but if Everton don't even have the opportunity to sign him, then I am not sure. 

Â