dudevillaisnice

2 hours ago, BOF said:

I suspect Rooney; although costing a fortune; will get them goals in a world cup year.

Free transfer - so wages only?  It's a good bit of business for Everton.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Rumoured United are paying half his food bill wages too.

• Like 2

i think they've bought some decent players but the gap between them the rest is too big, 8 points off utd in 6th last year, 15 points off liverpool, have they really bought 15 points worth of quality? not for me, they might be better than last year (maybe not if lukaku goes) but i dont think they'll close the gap, the other 6 above them will spend too, in most instances they'll spend better as well

44 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Alan Brazil was saying this morning he believed it was going to be a 1 year loan.

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i think they've bought some decent players but the gap between them the rest is too big, 8 points off utd in 6th last year, 15 points off liverpool, have they really bought 15 points worth of quality? not for me, they might be better than last year (maybe not if lukaku goes) but i dont think they'll close the gap, the other 6 above them will spend too, in most instances they'll spend better as well

That's where I'm at, don't be dazzled by the transfer fee's. Good quality players are good and all, but can't see them over taking anyone above them.

If they lose Lukaku and Barkley you might argue they're weaker this time round.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think everton have done fantastic business. No reason why they should not be challenging top 6. anything less is a failure in my view. good luck to them 

For me it depends entirely on who they sell.  Lukaku is basically gone if reports are believed, and if Barkley goes too then they'll have ripped the arse out of their attacking threat and will struggle to fix it this summer.  So yes, so far they've done great, but with Everton it may yet be a long summer.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

For me it depends entirely on who they sell.  Lukaku is basically gone if reports are believed, and if Barkley goes too then they'll have ripped the arse out of their attacking threat and will struggle to fix it this summer.  So yes, so far they've done great, but with Everton it may yet be a long summer.

I think rooney although aging still offers a hell of a lot if they get him. Barkley is meh for me too inconsistent. For 50m they can find a replacement 

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

If they get Giroud and Rooney, I think they have top 4 potential. Their squad looks better than Liverpool's. 

I don't think so and losing Lukaku is going to make a major difference. 

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not entirely sure Lukaku will leave...

I thought he has already said hes leaving and its just a matter whether he ends up and United or Chelsea

• Like 1

Will Lukaku really be that big of a loss? I know he's a guaranteed 25 goals a season, but if they can get that between 2 of the strikers they signed they should be okay. They can play a more fluid style too as I feel he hinders their play style a bit due to his limitations. 

14 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I thought he has already said hes leaving and its just a matter whether he ends up and United or Chelsea

He said he wouldn't sign a new deal which is a not-so-hard-to-crack code for I'm leaving.

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Well you are taking a guaranteed 25 goal A season player away for ifs and buts. For me he is a massive loss and I don't believe he has reached his full potential yet. 

I'd rather have Pickford, Keane, Rooney, and Giroud than Lukaku. Those 4 have sured up a lot of their issues. Barkley was very inconsistent as the attacking mid, so if Rooney is brought in, they will likely get more production out of him. They also now have a good young keeper, and a quality center back to partner Williams. Jageilka is also a good option as well. 

I think Everton needs a quality winger, and they are set. Mirallas, Lennon, and Bolasie are good, but they need a game changer. 

Â