dudevillaisnice

12 hours ago, villan-scott said:

He's Spurs bound apparently, which is an odd one for me if it happens. Not sure how you fit Eriksen, Alli and Barkley in. 

I don't think Everton will miss him. 

I guess he's the sub/stand-in for when Alli is tired/not available. Big difference in quality though, IMO. 

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

No chance they are going to spend that on him in the last year of his contract, not while Levy draws breath.

Yeah its wishful thinking I know think they be lucky to get 25m for him 

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I agree with a bit of both of those arguments. There were home games right towards the end of the 08/09 season against Wolves and (I think) Sunderland where we got 1-1 draws and just froze instead of winning. I remember Barry having the ball consistently just outside the Wolves box and not doing anything with it. As much as I respect him even then I thought, if he really was our Gerrard or Lampard he would bang one in the top corner in the 90th minute.

We simply didn't have a real "winner" in the team - someone to drive us over the line at that crucial time.  So our season spluttered and we stuttered over the line and finished 6th and guess who was in 5th? That's right, Everton so I'm not off topic :P

Yes its prob  bit of both tbf. That season we were talked about as title contenders coming into March we were so reliant on Ashley Young. 

It's early days. Remember we looked poor in early Euro games under MON yet would usually start the premier league season well.

Rooney just can't do play upfront anymore, he was poor but slightly better when Sandro came on and he dropped deeper. Issue there though is signing Sigurdsson and playing him as number 10.

On 26/07/2017 at 22:45, VillaChris said:

His end product is woeful compared to Dele Ali.

That's as may be, but then Alli would cost you £150m in the transfer market.  I'm still unsure on how good Barkley can be.  He might fade away.  He might flourish.  Or he might be every bit the lazy unappreciative player we've seen at Everton for the past 2 years.  But that unmotivated Evertonian still put up numbers in that Everton midfield that the others couldn't get near.  Which is what makes me think if you can get his head in the right place and put him in a better team, he might (just might) be a lot better than he has been showing.

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

They wouldn't get 150 mil for Alli. No chance. If Neymar is 200 mil which only psg will pay nobody would pay 150 mil for Alli. Maybe 70 or 80 tops. 

I could see Man United blowing £100m on someone like Alli.

Â