Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

He has had numerous chances, if he came off the bench and actually did something then maybe he'd get to start the next game. Seeing him on SSN now talking about how at Brighton he began to feel like he was getting back to his old self. Maybe he just found his level?

Edited by samjp26

Who says they did DC? Bent? Why isn't he telling us about how he managed to **** up being the team captain? That's the most interesting part of the whole saga. He was Lamberts CAPTAIN FFS, that's actually a guaranteed starter. How did he go from that honoured position? 

Probably by having the kind of attitude that means it's fine to go and shoot your mouth off to the press once you think you are out for good. I reckon Lambert may have a bit more class and keep what happens in the dressing room out of the press.

• Like 2

so glad to see the back of this guy, he hasn't given a monkey's about the game ever since he achieved the 100 PL goals status.

He had plenty of chances under Lambert and didn't take them most recently when he came on and strolled around, 24 hours later he was on his way out the door and not because he had had enough!

As if he wasn't perfectly aware of where he stood.

Good riddance to him and his piss poor attitude can't wait for him to be fully off the wage bill in the summer.

Who says they did DC? Bent? Why isn't he telling us about how he managed to **** up being the team captain? That's the most interesting part of the whole saga. He was Lamberts CAPTAIN FFS, that's actually a guaranteed starter. How did he go from that honoured position? 

Probably by having the kind of attitude that means it's fine to go and shoot your mouth off to the press once you think you are out for good. I reckon Lambert may have a bit more class and keep what happens in the dressing room out of the press.

Yeah as I said it's only one side of the story.

My theory on Bent being made captain was to stop him from leaving.  After seeing all his supply sold and a year under mcleish I imagine Bent might have been looking at leaving.  As a new manager I imagine keeping the best goal scorer at the club was a priority for Lambert so he decided to give him the armband.  Bent didn't play well, Benteke was superb and Lambert soon realised Bent wasn't going to be the important player for the club.  A theory based on nothing at all.

Lambert and Bent are as bad as each other in this. Bent for not realising he should leave earlier and Lambert for even putting him on the pitch. If I tried to bang a nail in the wall with a sausage then I shouldn't expect much to happen. The sausage is **** useless, I should get rid of the sausage, but it's my fault for thinking it will do a job for me.

You can't play Bent in Lambert's system. You won't create much for him and he won't do much else. He isn't the type of player to roll up his sleeves. Meanwhile Bent should have realised that nothing is going to change for him. He could have ran around a bit more, sure, but it would still amount to nothing; he's all about poaching goals.

It's a good thing he's leaving. It frees up some wages that he's just not worth. I hope he gets back amongst the goals at a level he's probably more now suited to & I hope Lambert works out how to get the team scoring in that big net thing he seems to have forgotten about.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 1

Coulda handled this situation better. Just think there were never any plans to intergrate him into Lambert's system, (though even now do we know what it is??). Should have tried playing him early in Lambert's tenure and then at least could have got a fee for him. I don't think he got played enough to judge him, just seemed to be chucked in anywhere, never did have a good run of games. With Kozak an Benteke out the game I would have thought he would have tried a bit harder with Bent, they obviously fell out during the bomb squad fiasco.

• Like 1

Bent and benteke was shown not to work. So if we were playing 1 striker, we'd play bent over benteke?

There's a reason he didn't get games.

When benteke an Kozak was out injured. Gabby and Weimann were better??

Yes.

They haven't proved it recently. 12 goals blah blah blah...........

Lerner is to blame for Bent's decline at Villa. He was doing doing perfectly well till he decided to banish him because of his wages.

The "bomb squad" was absolutely ridiculous and just shows what an absolute disaster Randy Lerner is at running a football club.

Bent and benteke was shown not to work. So if we were playing 1 striker, we'd play bent over benteke?

When benteke an Kozak was out injured. Gabby and Weimann were better??

Yes.

They haven't proved it recently. 12 goals blah blah blah...........

Bent offers nothing in our current or previous systems. Bent works with wingers, we have  no decent wingers. Buy some? With what?

Lerner is to blame for Bent's decline at Villa. He was doing doing perfectly well till he decided to banish him because of his wages.

The "bomb squad" was absolutely ridiculous and just shows what an absolute disaster Randy Lerner is at running a football club.

This. The bomb squad, including Hutton was Randy's decision. Yes Lambert went along with it but it was obviously a condition of taking the job.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Bent and Benteke have started TWO league games together during their time at the club.

There is an argument that the partnership should have been given more time to develop rather than persisting with players like Weimann/Gabby.

• Like 4

Â