Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Just wish bent would shut up... He's sounds like a whiny bitch.

They are both having digs at each other tbh.
Well Lambert responded to Bent basically blaming him for the way his career went and was putting the record straight whereas Bent is like a little kid trying to find someone to blame for his own shortcomings. Bent is having a dig and Lambert has every right to defend himself.
Lambert should shut up and concentrate on getting us scoring goals. The best thing he can do is move on, not get involved in petty squabbles.

Surely Bent should concentrate on his own game and stop slagging off his manager?

Yep. Both are as bad as each other.

The issue with Bent could be solved by some wingers and service, which we haven't had for years. He was playing for England a few years back, he never had raw pace or heading ability, he's still the same player to me but his desire and motivation has been shot out of him. I mean he was banging in goals in a McLeish team for christ sake.

Id rather keep Bent than Lambert.

• Like 1

The issue with Bent could be solved by some wingers and service, which we haven't had for years. He was playing for England a few years back, he never had raw pace or heading ability, he's still the same player to me but his desire and motivation has been shot out of him. I mean he was banging in goals in a McLeish team for christ sake.

The issue with Bent could be solved if he actually lost some weight. If I was earning north of 50k a week, I'd be embarrassed with my figure if I looked like him.

• Like 1

19:44Goal scored

Goal!Goal! Derby County 1, Chesterfield 0. Darren Bent (Derby County) header from very close range to the top left corner. Assisted by Jake Buxton.

Yeh, right, OK, so he scores wherever he goes but we eventually beat that nonsense out of him at the MIghty Villa!

I suppose Fulham and Brighton beat it out of him too?

At Fulham he got 3 goals in 11 starts.

At Brighton he got 2 goals in 5 starts.

5 goals in 16 starts overall at those two clubs. Given our entire team has managed 11 goals in 22 games this season he has done OK in comparison!

• Like 1

The issue with Bent could be solved if he actually lost some weight. If I was earning north of 50k a week, I'd be embarrassed with my figure if I looked like him.

Sorry mate, that's lazy criticism. During the Derby v Forest game the camera panned to him on the sideline changing his shirt. He's a muscular lad and certainly wasn't carrying much body fat.

I was surprised because I thought he'd got fat, too.

• Like 4

Sorry I'm just fed up with this shite that Lambert is to blame for Bent (and I want Lambert gone). Bent is to blame for Bent.

Exactly. As I said before, there are many valid points against Lambert but it seems like some are trying to make absolutely everything a stick to beat Lambert with.

Sorry I'm just fed up with this shite that Lambert is to blame for Bent (and I want Lambert gone). Bent is to blame for Bent.

Yeh, he's to blame for the fact that he has scored goals under every manager except Lambert. It's obvious.

Oh, sorry, he failed under Redknapp as well, that giant of managerial modernity.

19:44Goal scored

Goal!Goal! Derby County 1, Chesterfield 0. Darren Bent (Derby County) header from very close range to the top left corner. Assisted by Jake Buxton.

Yeh, right, OK, so he scores wherever he goes but we eventually beat that nonsense out of him at the MIghty Villa!

I suppose Fulham and Brighton beat it out of him too?

At Fulham he got 3 goals in 11 starts.

At Brighton he got 2 goals in 5 starts.

5 goals in 16 starts overall at those two clubs. Given our entire team has managed 11 goals in 22 games this season he has done OK in comparison!

Most of his goals were/ are from 2 yards out. We don't get that close!

It's about time we all stopped talking about Darren Bent. We only had six months of real benefit when he had Young and Downing putting chances on a plate for him. Then he does what he does best. He is past his best now and will never play another game for the club and will be gone in the summer.

I just hope we're not gone in the summer too.

Edited by Killeen30
  • Like 2

Â