Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Can't believe people are still bleeting on about the job bent could/would have done for us over the past few years.

I don't like that lamberts come out and said what he's said because I think that makes it look like it's actually a bit personal however, he's not wrong in what he's saying, they're facts.

He was on the bench for Fulham, behind unproven teenagers, he's not made an impact at Brighton and has been on the bench for Derby, if that's not about his ability then he must be highly adept at making enemies

Can't believe people are still bleeting on about the job bent could/would have done for us over the past few years.

I don't like that lamberts come out and said what he's said because I think that makes it look like it's actually a bit personal however, he's not wrong in what he's saying, they're facts.

He was on the bench for Fulham, behind unproven teenagers, he's not made an impact at Brighton and has been on the bench for Derby, if that's not about his ability then he must be highly adept at making enemies

At Fulham he started 11 games and got 3 goals. Under the first 2 mangers (Jol & Meulensteen) he mainly did OK but Fulham often played Berbatov up front on his own.

Under their final manager in the 13/14 season Bent and a number of other senior players were dropped. However the manager that did that (Magath) had obviously lost the plot and got sacked after 20 games including taking the team down!

As for not making an impact at Brighton. 2 goals in 5 games sounds a fair impact IMO. He has been at Derby just over 2 weeks!

Edited by Brumstopdogs

Currently even Benteke, who is far better all round than Bent is, can't get many goals in this Villa team. I really would like to know what makes people think Bent would be able to change that? Even at the best of times he was reliant on service from others.

I don't have much belief that he would have made much of a difference, but when you are possibly the worst goal scoring team in the history of the league, I think it should have been an option to try.

Given how little Bent has shown in the last couple of years I fail to see why trying him again would have produced a different result, especially in a team that's lacking in creativity so badly.

It probably wouldn't of.

So then why is Lambert coming in for such fierce criticism for loaning Bent out?

Don't get me wrong, I think Lambert's got a lot to answer for, but I can't help but feel like this whole Bent situation is just being used by some as another stick to beat Lambert with when there are many many more valid criticisms.

At Fulham he started 11 games and got 3 goals. Under the first 2 mangers (Jol & Meulensteen) he mainly did OK but Fulham often played Berbatov up front on his own.

Under their final manager in the 13/14 season Bent and a number of other senior players were dropped. However the manager that did that (Magath) had obviously lost the plot and got sacked after 20 games including taking the team down!

As for not making an impact at Brighton. 2 goals in 5 games sounds a fair impact IMO. He has been at Derby just over 2 weeks!

thats not what lambert said, lambert said brighton had no interest in renewing his deal

i dont consider him a stick to beat lambert with, not sure what he's done in training but he's coasted on the pitch for the last couple of years, i defended him for not jumping for headers when he was the only villa player in that half of the pitch in the mcleish years but i've never seen him play in a lambert villa team and thought give him a run of games and he'll come good

i think my 2 memories of him will be the man city goal and this - 

It probably wouldn't of.

So then why is Lambert coming in for such fierce criticism for loaning Bent out?

Don't get me wrong, I think Lambert's got a lot to answer for, but I can't help but feel like this whole Bent situation is just being used by some as another stick to beat Lambert with when there are many many more valid criticisms.

Because even if chances are slim that it works, when you are going to be the worst attacking side in the history of the league, all options should have been tried.

It probably wouldn't of.

Because even if chances are slim that it works, when you are going to be the worst attacking side in the history of the league, all options should have been tried.

All options?

I would have signed heskey again before playing this fat ****,

thats not what lambert said, lambert said brighton had no interest in renewing his deal

i dont consider him a stick to beat lambert with, not sure what he's done in training but he's coasted on the pitch for the last couple of years, i defended him for not jumping for headers when he was the only villa player in that half of the pitch in the mcleish years but i've never seen him play in a lambert villa team and thought give him a run of games and he'll come good

Lol from 20 seconds onwards kind of sums up Bent and Lamberts relationship.  

Edited by Bunnski

Following the resignation of Sami Hyypia, Nathan Jones told the Argus newspaper.

'They've both (Gardner and Bent) done fantastically well. On behalf of the club we'd like to thank them for their endeavours. Gary's been with us a little longer than Darren, but his work rate, his attitude has been spot on. Darren's come in, scored two goals, really showed why he's a top player. He's a top character as well, so it's been excellent.'

Horrific miss though!

It probably wouldn't of.

It's already been tried.

Yep, from memory he's made a fair few sub appearences off the bench this season, the infamous Southampton sub game and early on he came on v Stoke, Newcastle and Hull where he missed a sitter in the last minute.

Of course now you'll get people saying you can only judge him starting games. Didn't he start in the carling cup v Orient?

Yep, from memory he's made a fair few sub appearences off the bench this season, the infamous Southampton sub game and early on he came on v Stoke, Newcastle and Hull where he missed a sitter in the last minute.

Of course now you'll get people saying you can only judge him starting games. Didn't he start in the carling cup v Orient?

He did indeed start the league cup game against Orient.... he was totally useless and missed a 1 on 1.

Getting fed up of hearing media/non-villa fans saying "oh but they've got a proven goalscorer in Bent" bla bla bla..... yes he has scored goals but he can't anymore! All of those people have clearly not seen him play recently.

Everyone already knows it's because we have an actual clown in charge.

Make captain>Start him>Strip captaincy>drop him>don't talk to him (within, what, six weeks?)

And then expect him to put 100% effort in. Classy.

• Like 3

Everyone already knows it's because we have an actual clown in charge.

Make captain>Start him>Strip captaincy>drop him>don't talk to him (within, what, six weeks?)

And then expect him to put 100% effort in. Classy.

Or...you have no clue what really went on behind the scenes and are just making assumptions? 

• Like 4

19:44Goal scored

Goal!Goal! Derby County 1, Chesterfield 0. Darren Bent (Derby County) header from very close range to the top left corner. Assisted by Jake Buxton.

Yeh, right, OK, so he scores wherever he goes but we eventually beat that nonsense out of him at the MIghty Villa!

Â