Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I think Lambert has quite a few good points tbf.

I think Lambert makes himself look a bit of a tit to be honest. Darren Bent has got a great scoring record in the top flight. Lamberts Villa have scored 96 goals in 97 games under Lambert and only 11 all season after 21 games. We can all see there is a personal issue between the two of them.

Darren Bent hasn't played for any top team in the Premier League, despite his great scoring record.  Spurs even sold him on the back of him being top scorer for them.  They consequently went from finishing 8th to finishing 4th.

Not saying he isn't a good player (or, at least, wasn't) but the guy is so incredibly limited.  It's no wonder he's never played for a top side.

I think Lambert makes himself look a bit of a tit to be honest. Darren Bent has got a great scoring record in the top flight. Lamberts Villa have scored 96 goals in 97 games under Lambert and only 11 all season after 21 games. We can all see there is a personal issue between the two of them.

Darren Bent hasn't played for any top team in the Premier League, despite his great scoring record.  Spurs even sold him on the back of him being top scorer for them.  They consequently went from finishing 8th to finishing 4th.

Not saying he isn't a good player (or, at least, wasn't) but the guy is so incredibly limited.  It's no wonder he's never played for a top side.

Wether he played for a top side or not you cant argue with the fact he knew where the net was, Lambert saying he wasnt good enough whilst being in charge of a team that is one of the lowest scoring in the whole of Europe and also one of the lowest scoring in premier league history does make him look stupid to be honest.

• Like 2

Wether he played for a top side or not you cant argue with the fact he knew where the net was, Lambert saying he wasnt good enough whilst being in charge of a team that is one of the lowest scoring in the whole of Europe and also one of the lowest scoring in premier league history does make him look stupid to be honest.

19 other premier league managers must be stupid too because not one of them were interested either

He was absolutely dreadful at Fulham and won't get a look in at Derby

19 other premier league managers must be stupid too because not one of them were interested either

Bent now obviously looks past his best.

However, prior to Lambert turning up at Villa Bent had managed pretty much a goal every 2 league starts for us.

I'm a firm believer we could have got more out of the player and you only need to look at our problems at scoring goals now to know the problems are wider than one player.

Fulham, for a lot of that season, played one person up front (Berbatov) so Bent only started 11 games for them scoring 3 goals.

Our top league scorers this season are yet to beat that total (Gabby and Weimann have started 19 and 16 respectively). Unless Benteke scores 2 away at Arsenal he won't either!

Edited by Brumstopdogs

However, prior to Lambert turning up at Villa Bent had managed pretty much a goal every 2 league starts for us.

I'm a firm believer we could have got more out of the player and you only need to look at our problems at scoring goals now to know the problems are wider than one player.

Fulham, for a lot of that season, played one person up front (Berbatov) so Bent only started 11 games for them scoring 3 goals.

Our top league scorers this season are yet to beat that total (Gabby and Weimann have started 19 and 16 respectively). Unless Benteke scores 2 away at Arsenal he won't either!

Lambert will be saying it about Benteke soon, if he can't get him scoring.

• Like 1

Bollocks!  Bent had a decent ratio before he got injured in McDuff season in charge.  He has never been the same since.

He wasn't good enough for us and didn't offer enough to the team.

Glad he has gone 

• Like 2

For somebody who criticises people for using hyperbole and the hypothetical to defend Lambert, you don't half do it a lot yourself to criticise him!

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

just read in the Mail (B,ham) that Paul Lambert is trying to bring in a couple more players.....but is unlikely to be a big signing as a top striker costs c 10-15 mill

by that deduction was Bent an "out of this world" Striker at c 22mill

Edited by TRO

just read in the Mail (B,ham) that Paul Lambert is trying to bring in a couple more players.....but is unlikely to be a big signing as a top striker costs c 10-15 mill

No, just the price you pay when you are desperate and the selling team knows it.

Did they reckon we're after a striker or was that just an example?

Yes wouldn't be surprised!

Bent 50 goals in 96 starts before the attacking genius Lambert turned up!

Where are those stats from? I'm damn sure he didn't score 50 goals for us! Random.

I think the injury he suffered under McLeish finished Bent at the top level. He was out for a long old time.

Yes wouldn't be surprised!

Bent 50 goals in 96 starts before the attacking genius Lambert turned up!

Where are those stats from? I'm damn sure he didn't score 50 goals for us! Random.

I think the injury he suffered under McLeish finished Bent at the top level. He was out for a long old time.

I didn't say they were all for us.

It includes the 2 seasons before he joined us (i.e. includes his time at Sunderland).

I think bent is a poor player but I still believe he should have been given a run. We're on course to be the lowest goal scorers in premiership history.

There is nothing to suggest that he would've done much to change that.

I have always thought that Bent has never looked the same player since his bad injury in the McLeish season. He has always been a limited player in terms of his all round game but he was always a consistent goal scorer. However since that injury his goal scoring record is none too hot. Lambert did give him a go at the start of his reign and he didn't deliver many goals. Perhaps he would have done with more games but he did nothing at Fulham in the year he was there either. I think he lost something with that injury - and that is not Lambert's or Bent's fault.

I also think that if he did lose something with the injury that the club and Bent would hardly advertise that fact as it just devalues one of their top assets. However the bomb squad also devalued Bent to potential buyers so that is something Lambert can be held accountable to.

On the other hand - was the bomb squad about avoiding further payments to Sunderland based on appearances? Who knows?

I wish we would sign another expensive striker - not another Bent - at peak age and value - but a top quality young player.

Our team would look very decent on paper with two top quality forwards, with goals and pace in them, who could play the wide forwards in Lambert's preferred 4 3 3 

Â