Alan Hutton

Rich_D

I'd agree with the above. Especially the "brave" part. Watching this team, it's like nobody is willing to try anything, nobody wants to take accountability. Someone gets themself in a decent position to do something? Make a pointless pass to someone else, so they don't have to try and make something happen themselves. Hutton (and Traore, when he gets a chance) seem to be the only ones willing to do things on their own. He'll put a foot in and not back peddle like the rest o the defense, he'll make himself available out wide, get in to crossing positions. He's willing to run with the ball, he'll take the ball inside, etc.

We'd be better off with more players like Hutton who are actually willing to try and do something.

• Like 4

Runs an incredible amount and seems very intelligent on when to make runs. Always seems to be open on the right side when we attack, but I do honestly believe that this is because of tactics from the oppositions. He is so bad with the ball and has the worst crosses I have seen for ages, the other teams probably want us to pass the ball out to him and press us and leave him open, because they know that when he gets the ball we will not get anything out of it. I sometimes have a think about who is worse technically and at kicking Hutton or Guzan. 

The biggest problem for me with Hutton is that he was always quite reliable, but lately he makes at least a mistake a game. Penalty today and his first 15 minutes vs Southampton were awful. 

When Micah Richards is fit, I would throw him in at right back. Okore and Lescott seem to be working alright together and Bacuna is our best option at left back at the moment. 

• Like 1

Richards seems to have a contractual stipulation that he will never play right back for us.

I genuinely thought Hutton has looked really good going forward in recent games, just for some reason lost his edge defensively not that he had much of one to start with.

10 hours ago, PaulC said:

For me he is one of worst right backs that has ever played at the club. Sure he will give 100% but he plays with his heart more than his head.

compared to Reo-Coker, Lowton,  Habib Beye or Cuellar he looks like Cafu

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozvillafan said:

Should be embarrassed to be out-muscled by Walcott of all people.

That said, he never hides and works hard. We need fighters like him, Richards and Ayew if we are to even look like escaping relegation.

No, we need players that don't look like they stepped on the pitch after 8 pints the previous night.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

compared to Reo-Coker, Lowton,  Habib Beye or Cuellar he looks like Cafu

Two of them wern't full backs, Hutton is so unfair comparison. Lowton was weak and lacked pace but he is a miles better footballer than Hutton. 

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

hands down our player of the season which as I said before says a lot. the guy has heart and spirit and he tries to actually attack

He has heart and spirit by the barrowload, and yes he always tries to attack. Unfortunately he just isn't very good.

• Like 1

Ability wise he's not amazing. But I'll never fault a player who actually gives a shit. Considering how he was frozen out a while back he always gives 100%

Just a shame he can't cross the ball better.

• Like 1

Â