Alan Hutton

Rich_D

15 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Ability wise he's not amazing. But I'll never fault a player who actually gives a shit. Considering how he was frozen out a while back he always gives 100%

Just a shame he can't cross the ball better.

Wouldn't be here if he could...

Really need a new RB. I cant watch him play anymore. Bang average defender... and when he 'bombs' down the wing.. his crossing rarely goes near one of our players... unless Gary Gardner is still sitting in the Holte End.

Its like fighting over a bag of broken biscuits.....He is not our worse player granted,

but now we are starting to drift in this comatose state of declaring our players ok....but its a million miles from manifesting itself in to positive results.

We have the worst results imaginable.....first half at St James's was beyond woeful

most of our players are simply not good enough and he is one.

18 minutes ago, ermie123 said:

The ONLY player that looks like he can be bothered!

There are moments in a game when I agree with that and moments when I don't.

That SHOULD be the very minimum to expect from all the players.

We need to be careful that we don't drop our expectation down to the level of what THEY want to offer us.

• Like 1

The danger with writing about a player in negative terms, can be construed as you think he is the worst.

He undoubtedly has some redeeming features, but like most of our lot, not enough.

I find his positional play dubious, many times I have seen at fault for our goals, its all very well throwing yourself in like we have been known to do, but its to compensate for being out of position and not reading the game sufficiently.

Ps the back four should come out with rope tied around their waists in measured increments.....To keep their shape.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 20/12/2015 at 22:13, Stevo985 said:

Ability wise he's not amazing. But I'll never fault a player who actually gives a shit. Considering how he was frozen out a while back he always gives 100%

Just a shame he can't cross the ball better.

Spot on. Its a shame that his ability doesn't match his attitude, which is fantastic.

On 12/22/2015 at 14:08, HanoiVillan said:

I don't even think his ability is that bad to be honest. His crossing, I admit, is appalling, but he's a generally decent defender. 

I think his positional play is suspect and he loses one on ones too often....he seems to have a habit of arriving late in to his position after we concede, which is worrying.

The problem is, he is not the worst player, or maybe one of the worst, so I guess some think why chastise him.

We have that many poor players, the better poor ones seem good.....if that sounds right.

31 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think his positional play is suspect and he loses one on ones too often....he seems to have a habit of arriving late in to his position after we concede, which is worrying.

The problem is, he is not the worst player, or maybe one of the worst, so I guess some think why chastise him.

We have that many poor players, the better poor ones seem good.....if that sounds right.

Yeah, there's maybe some truth to that - fair point. 

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Very much the weak link in the team, despite how much effort he puts in. 

Then the manager is to blame for making him the soul of our attack.

Hutton would be a nightmare to play against though, he is a real pain in the ***.

Put one on a plate for Gestede today, who missed from 6 yards. His crossing is usually rubbish, but should get credit when it's not. Could have been our equaliser (I think. Maybe it was at 0-0)

Â