Alan Hutton

Rich_D

He was clearly shattered physically by the end of the game. Just before his mistake he could barely control the ball in the other half and made the classic knackered error of kicking the ball away from himself unintentionally. As soon as I saw that I knew he was done. Just puts into perspective why Okore and Lescott weren't playing if one of our fittest players ended up like that.

There is a moment where Sinclair gives the ball away and Norwich almost score on the counter attack. If you watch Hutton during this sequence of play, I would say its almost as bad as Sanchez against Arsenal. His body language and positioning is terrible, effort is minimal, he invites the Norwich player to cut inside, makes no attempt to put any pressure on the ball. Its pathetic. 

And I'm actually someone that thinks Hutton has done alright this season.

I have never been his biggest fan.  But for many years he has been our best defensive RB.  And for me that's the problem.  He has terrible positional sense, let's weak side runners go past him for fun and fails to usher attacks down the wings..... All essentials for a good, defensive RB.  

On 12/27/2015 at 23:39, briny_ear said:

Hutton is so often the only person on the Villa team who seems to care if we win or lose; and is the only one who tries to drive forward to get attacking play going.

He has some obvious glaring technical flaws in his play but just at the moment he writes himself as the first name on the team sheet because of his spirit.

we might lose every game but he is one of only players that actually cares and tries things, its sad to see :( 

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He was clearly shattered physically by the end of the game. Just before his mistake he could barely control the ball in the other half and made the classic knackered error of kicking the ball away from himself unintentionally. As soon as I saw that I knew he was done. Just puts into perspective why Okore and Lescott weren't playing if one of our fittest players ended up like that.

He wasn't shattered.

That is just his technical capability unfortunately. Honestly, one of, if not the shittest footballer we have ever had.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its got to the stage that its actually quite funny 

There was a point against West ham when we where attacking, the ball came across Westwood to the right of the pitch, and my 11yr old lad shouted

'look left, don't pass to Hutton'

It raised a few giggles from those around us, but it says it all really. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its the most predictable tactic in football, teams actually just give him all the space because they know what we will do

The only one who doesn't know where Hutton's cross will land is Gestede.

48 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

In many ways, he represents a lot of what has got us into this mess. He's a regular starter, bought with good money, on a big contract, that just isn't good enough.

You missed alot of the Hutton story that really does sum up everything that wrong with the club.

You are right when you say he was bought with good money on a big contract and was a regular starter. But pretty much instantly it was clear he wasn't good enough. He was then part of the bomb squad, and we paid his huge wages for literally years while he did nothing for the club.

Suddenly, out of some bizarre desperation he was brought back into the fold. Again it was still clear he was terrible but not only was he part of the team, but the club gave him a new contract!

Now we are stuck with him for a few more years, stuck paying his wages, and have a manager who in all likelihood doesn't want him at the club and wants a real right back. You couldn't make it up. I am just waiting for him to be part of the championship bomb squad when we get there.

They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Welcome to Aston villa.

Edited by villa89

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

You missed alot of the Hutton story that really does sum up everything that wrong with the club. You are right when you say he was bought with good money on a big contract and was a regular starter. But pretty much instantly it was clear he wasn't good enough. He was then part of the bomb squad, and we paid his huge wages for literally years while he did nothing for the club. Suddenly, out of some bizarre desperation he was brought back into the fold. Again it was still clear he was terrible but not only was he part of the team, but the club gave him a new contract! Now we are stuck with him for a few more years, stuck paying his wages, and have a manager who in all likelihood doesn't want him at the club and wants a real right back. You couldn't make it up. I am just waiting for him to be part of the championship bomb squad when we get there. They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Welcome to Aston villa.

You're absolutely right in what you've said, and I'd forgotten about the new contract. I was trying (and possibly failing) to address the point that Garde really has little right to be winning games, as all he's got are players like Hutton for senior pros in the team. All the pundits keep saying that we've spent poorly in the summer by bringing players in from the French league, but their the only positives we have right now. Veretout, Ayew and Amavi are far from the problems we have. It's the fact that we have no other quality in the squad and it's really showing now that we've lost Benteke's goals.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Garde really has little right to be winning games, as all he's got are players like Hutton for senior pros in the team. 

Agreed. I just hope other fans understand this and don't want garde out when we inevitably start badly in the championship. Alot of villa fans will have unrealistic expectations next season.

• Like 1

Â