Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Leaving the foot in on Berahino was a bit naughty and on reflection probably a red but you know what, we haven't had a player willing to do the dirty work like that for so long, I'm fed up of is being too nice compared to other teams for the last couple of seasons so fair play to him.

I'm also fed up of us being soft. But I'd rather it be more like Ron Vlaar/Kevin Richardson/Ian Taylor/whoever style toughness instead of blatant dangerous play.

We shouldn't turn a blind eye to thuggery because Alan's one of our own. Very poor decision by him, deserved a red, deserved a two match ban. He's had a brilliant season, but he needs to get streak out of his game.

• Like 1

Being soft vs. hard has got nothing to do with Hutton. Yesterday he was thuggish and it only reminded me of scum like Joey Barton. Not only the tackle and kick which was violent, but also the petulance afterwards when he stole minutes from the game as well as our momentum.

He then went on to cross in for the goal, happy times, but if the referee had seen the incident Hutton would have been red-carded and we would have never won the game. This time we were lucky, but over the course of the season he will cost us points when doing stuff like that.

Being soft vs. hard has got nothing to do with Hutton. Yesterday he was thuggish and it only reminded me of scum like Joey Barton. Not only the tackle and kick which was violent, but also the petulance afterwards when he stole minutes from the game as well as our momentum.

He then went on to cross in for the goal, happy times, but if the referee had seen the incident Hutton would have been red-carded and we would have never won the game. This time we were lucky, but over the course of the season he will cost us points when doing stuff like that.

Scum? Come on fella. I agree that in the modern game in particular that challenges like that are way over the legal line, though I have only seen it live so I'm going on posts in this thread as to how bad it was.

I thought he left his foot in and that he would walk at the time. But "thug" and "scum" were not words going through my head. These things happen, hard men get riled and make hard challenges and I would not complain if he had gone. But scum? Nah. Foolish yes, out of order most definitely, but save superlatives like that for those more worthy. Those who stub cigars out in the eyes of teenagers. I don't think, for example, anyone really thinks of Barton as scum because he occasionally goes OTT on the pitch do they? Or because he quotes Morrissey.

Glad he's on our side. He will get sent off eventually, if he's here a few more years it will probably be a few times. That is the price you pay for having players like him in your side. A price I'm willing to pay.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 3

Nothing wrong with 'hard man Hutton' just wished we had one or two others like him! We have been a soft touch for way too long. Shame he's not playing Saturday as Bararhino wouldn come within 20 yards of him. I like old style tackling (with a bit of thuggery thrown in)

Wether you like to see it or not a hard nasty bastard is what we need in our ranks, yes he left his foot but hey it's a locla derby and we are in the shite. Yes he is a hot head but he gives his all, if everybody in our team had his fight we would probably be pushing top 8, he is class

• Like 1

Wether you like to see it or not a hard nasty bastard is what we need in our ranks, yes he left his foot but hey it's a locla derby and we are in the shite. Yes he is a hot head but he gives his all, if everybody in our team had his fight we would probably be pushing top 8, he is class

If everyone one in our team did that we'd be struggling to field eleven players. He didn't just leave his foot in he straightened his leg to 'kick' after the challenge. That was thuggish.

He is now missing for a cup quarter final and a vital relegation match, yeah well done Hutton.

It wasn't as if it was a case of 'taking one for the team' it was a needless moronic kick. If an opposing player had done that to a Villa player I'd have been furious. To not be angry with Hutton for doing it would be hypocritical.

I take it next time a player kicks one of ours, and gets away with it, there'll be some on here congratulating him for his 'genius'.

• Like 3

Nothing wrong with 'hard man Hutton' just wished we had one or two others like him! We have been a soft touch for way too long. Shame he's not playing Saturday as Bararhino wouldn come within 20 yards of him. I like old style tackling (with a bit of thuggery thrown in)

You do realise the reason he's not playing on Saturday is because of that incident, the one you're happy with?

Personally I'd rather see Villa progress in the cup and get Premiership survival than see a opposing player get kicked. Huttons kick has made those two things that little bit harder to achieve.

You do realise the reason he's not playing on Saturday is because of that incident, the one you're happy with?

Personally I'd rather see Villa progress in the cup and get Premiership survival than see a opposing player get kicked. Huttons kick has made those two things that little bit harder to achieve.

Of course I realise it.....I was there AND I am talking in general and NOT about one isolated incident. His main offence was getting caught!

Of course I realise it.....I was there AND I am talking in general and NOT about one isolated incident. His main offence was getting caught!

No, his main offence was doing something so stupid in the first place. Something that wasn't in any way helpful to the game last night and is now detrimental to two extremely important games coming up.

We need to build confidence. To do that we need to have a run of good results. That is easier with our best players on the pitch playing football. It isn't helped by kicking an opponent for no reason and it isn't helped by having one of this seasons better players sitting in the stands because he's been suspended for ten yellow cards.

You can play hard & with passion without being a thug.

Yes show some backbone and fight but dont flying kick a player, not even a baggies player, its ridiculous and most of the time its a red card. We were extremely lucky it wasnt.

Just imagine Berahino flying kick one of our players last night and then go onto to assist or score the winner. We'd be livid.

Yes show some backbone and fight but dont flying kick a player, not even a baggies player, its ridiculous and most of the time its a red card. We were extremely lucky it wasnt.

Just imagine Berahino flying kick one of our players last night and then go onto to assist or score the winner. We'd be livid.

All if's and but's though isn't it.

We beat West Brom, we were better than them, their star player got a bit of rough treatment. All in all a good night

All if's and but's though isn't it.

We beat West Brom, we were better than them, their star player got a bit of rough treatment. All in all a good night

There's no 'if's & but's' about him being suspended is there.

Do you think we'd be stronger against West Brom & Sunderland with Hutton or without him? Is their star player getting a bit of rough treatment more important to you than Villa improving?

If everyone one in our team did that we'd be struggling to field eleven players. He didn't just leave his foot in he straightened his leg to 'kick' after the challenge. That was thuggish.

He is now missing for a cup quarter final and a vital relegation match, yeah well done Hutton.

It wasn't as if it was a case of 'taking one for the team' it was a needless moronic kick. If an opposing player had done that to a Villa player I'd have been furious. To not be angry with Hutton for doing it would be hypocritical.

I take it next time a player kicks one of ours, and gets away with it, there'll be some on here congratulating him for his 'genius'.

After watching it a few times, I'm not too sure that's what he did, looks to me as if he was trying to regain balance and the "kick" was a happy coincidence for Hutton.

Seriously, stand up and position yourself like Hutton was, then kick your standing leg forward, you'll look a tit but I can almost guarantee your elevated foot will "kick" forward a bit, now imagine that's happening at the end of a sprint with your foot planted against something you can balance yourself against and not standing still, the momentum alone would add force to the "kick".

Maybe Hutton decides to add a little extra force, and to be honest I wouldn't have been surprised to see him sent off and would have rather he went for a safer tackle, but I really think what he did was due to being off balance and not "thuggish" in the slightest.

Â