Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Based on how lightweight we were at the back last season Hutton would be a better option at RB.

I know it's just one game but if we're still saying this at the end of pre-season then he must start on the opening day.

Wasn't totally shite in a pre season friendly against a league 2 side. Get him signed him and get the captains armband on him.

Jeez.

Infact, why have we even allowed him to go into the season with one year left on his contract?

Lambert out, Lerner out, Keane out, sack the board,bring back Ellis.

Edited by rodders0223

Wasn't totally shite in a pre season friendly against a league 2 side. Get him signed him and get the captains armband on him.

Jeez.

Infact, why have we even allowed him to go into the season with one year left on his contract?

Lambert out, Lerner out, Keane out, sack the board,bring back Ellis.

Fail

• Like 2

Or maybe he just wasn't as dramatically shit as alot of you made out in the first place?(As most of you do with a few of our players)  Ya know, typical Villa fan scapegoat type shit? 

He was though, he is one of the worst players I have ever saw in a VIlla shirt. Never saw a RB got drawn into the middle of the pitch so much, never saw a RB time and time again get done by a simple one-two. People remember him as a thug, I just remember he as complete rubbish. I am sorry :(

Or maybe he just wasn't as dramatically shit as alot of you made out in the first place?(As most of you do with a few of our players)  Ya know, typical Villa fan scapegoat type shit? 

He was though, he is one of the worst players I have ever saw in a VIlla shirt. Never saw a RB got drawn into the middle of the pitch so much, never saw a RB time and time again get done by a simple one-two. People remember him as a thug, I just remember he as complete rubbish. I am sorry :(

Lol no need to be sorry, just pointing out that alot of the time we are either WAY too harsh, or WAY too excited about players, seems there is no in between with Villa fans. some of the stick players get on here go way over the top, whilst I've seen players who I consider as relatively shite get praised for god knows what. however, opinions are like,,,,,holes. Hutton didn't just become shite overnight, he was a very decent player, and still consistently does it at international level.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I think hutton is pretty irrelevant really, as I just don't think he will be deployed as a wing back, bacuna will be first pick in that position, but I think he may be used as an orthodox full back in a 442. but I don't think we are going to play that system at all next year. makes me laugh when people read too much into friendly's, I had a guy sitting behind me at the game night who found it inconceivable after 42 mins that we were losing against Mansfield and said, and I quote..' we will never live this down if we lose, lambert has gotta change this, we are going down'. I really could not be bothered to correct him. he also continued to abuse Samir carruthers performance and then asked his friend 'who is he?'.... priceless.

Glad to hear he played well.

He knows where to position himself, he knows how to tackle and he comes forward well, he is mostly judged on the McLeish year but that was a disaster for everyone.

I'm not saying he's the best, he's not, but I do think he's been unfairly judged and hopefully (if there's no contract issues) he can do a job for our fragile defence, he'd have been a welcome addition last season.

• Like 1

Or maybe he just wasn't as dramatically shit as alot of you made out in the first place?(As most of you do with a few of our players) Ya know, typical Villa fan scapegoat type shit?

'Most of you?'

It seems the over reactions aren't just limited to when talking about Villa players.

Maybe, just maybe give nsome decent coaching from Keane together wit ha settled defence he might be a better option than Lowton. We aren't goin to buy another RB as far as I can tell so why not at least wait until the man has been given a chance. We seemingly aren't going t osell him either.

We NEED experience, we NEED physical defenders so just wait nd see.

(sorry for the heresy)

Hutton is an attacking fullback who under McLeish never went past the half way line hopefully he'll be allowed to play his normal game this time around. Not sure why he wasn't used more under Lambert even if he wanted the wages gone. Last night was promising as both Lowton and Hutton looked good and Bacuna looked better further forward. Just need the elusive LB now !

Â