Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Hutton is an attacking fullback who under McLeish never went past the half way line hopefully he'll be allowed to play his normal game this time around. Not sure why he wasn't used more under Lambert even if he wanted the wages gone. Last night was promising as both Lowton and Hutton looked good and Bacuna looked better further forward. Just need the elusive LB now !

The money is on Faulkner being behind the bomb squad hence he goes they are all back

Hutton has never been as bad as some folks have suggested, he's just an average full back no more, no less. He just happened to play particularly well last night and more power to him for still giving a shit

It's exactly like Delph's never been as good as some folks suggested

People just exaggerate for effect

• Like 2

Hutton is an attacking fullback who under McLeish never went past the half way line hopefully he'll be allowed to play his normal game this time around. Not sure why he wasn't used more under Lambert even if he wanted the wages gone. Last night was promising as both Lowton and Hutton looked good and Bacuna looked better further forward. Just need the elusive LB now !

The money is on Faulkner being behind the bomb squad hence he goes they are all back

Would Faulkner have been able to do that?

If so, it begs two questions

1. Why on earth did Lambert accept those conditions.

2. If the bomb squad was Lambert's idea, and if they continue to perform as they did last night (I know, a friendly against Mansfield) he will look pretty stupid.

So what does Lambert want - they do well for the team, he looks stupid - they do badly, he is vindicated.

Interesting position he has put himself in or has been put in.

In my opinion, Hutton is a decent player, overly aggressive at times, but probably good enough for our squad at the moment, and should probably have been utilised last season.

Hutton has never been as bad as some folks have suggested, he's just an average full back no more, no less. He just happened to play particularly well last night and more power to him for still giving a shit

It's exactly like Delph's never been as good as some folks suggested

People just exaggerate for effect

Agreed.

Also it's worth remembering the way we set up against teams under McCleish was we defended in numbers for 90 mins, there was no possesion, no attack and for that reason the likes of Hutton had to continously repel attacks probably more than most right backs, he wasn't great but in my book all he did very wrong was some horribly timed tackles.

Compared wirh Baker, Clark and numerous other players I don't think Hutton made that many errors that led to goals.

Binning him off without even giving him a chance was pretty crap by Lambert or whoever created the bomb squad.

We should have bought Lowton and slowly brought him through with Hutton as first choice, then sold Hutton when Lowton was ready.

According to twitter rumours (and not the most reliable source), Hutton has asked to leave.

thought he played ok last night but i also remember him being awful and a walking red card prior to being inducted into the bomb squad.

hopefully a fee can be got and all parties happy

If he really wants to go he would hand in a request.As it is on equal footing he likely to be first choice and a good season with us and he will have a que of clubs after him on a free at end of season.

I'll give Hutton a 2nd chance. We must remember he was playing under a awful manager in mclose. Maybe under lamb-keane he might improve as a player.

Lambert is just as bad a manager as McLeish, if not worse.

• Like 1

Â