Alan Hutton

Rich_D

I'll give Hutton a 2nd chance. We must remember he was playing under a awful manager in mclose. Maybe under lamb-keane he might improve as a player.

Lambert is just as bad a manager as McLeish, if not worse.

Try again.

• Like 1

I'll give Hutton a 2nd chance. We must remember he was playing under a awful manager in mclose. Maybe under lamb-keane he might improve as a player.

Try again.

OK, Lambert is a worse manager than McLeish.

Well, WBA is buying Rosenborg's right back Christian Gamboa for 20 mill cash plus add ons. He did well for Costa Rica in the World Cup, so I guess that close the door for Hutton in WBA.

Albion spending £20m on a full back? Are you sure?

Well, WBA is buying Rosenborg's right back Christian Gamboa for 20 mill cash plus add ons. He did well for Costa Rica in the World Cup, so I guess that close the door for Hutton in WBA.

I forgot to say Norwegian Kroner. That is 2 million pounds :)

I forgot to say Norwegian Kroner. That is 2 million pounds :)

Phew, thought they'd turned into a proper football club then!

Try again.

No he isn't. You know that isn't true. 

• 3 weeks later...

Try again.

No he isn't. You know that isn't true. 

I know no such thing.

Charlie Adam last year:

“Alan Hutton is the same. There are maybe one or two ahead of him in the Premier League but he’s amongst the best.

“He could go to a top-four club without a doubt. He’s got power, pace, strength and, for me, it’s about confidence with him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/scotland/10444578/Scotland-v-USA-Charlie-Adam-hails-Steven-Fletcher-and-Alan-Huttons-Premier-League-class.html

;)

There was a classic piece on Hutton in the sun a few weeks ago DaMarcus Beasley said this

" I've witnessed Barcelona change tactics for a champions league match because they were scared of Alan's surging runs "

Hutton's looking good in pre-season and on the basis of these performances, I'd be in favor of giving him the starting RB spot. I've criticised his performances in the past, but he's looking much improved. My worry about him has always been that he's looked like a red card waiting to happen, but if he's removed that rashness from his game (and it looks like he has) then I'm all for welcoming him back to the fold.

• Like 1

If he's improved then fair play, he deserves another stab at it. I thought he was largely rash and a liability before but like I said, if he's worked on his game and improved that side of it then hats off Alan, you've shown some character and that can be hard to come by these days.

Â