Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Is the £2k figure accurate? If we stay up I'd have thought a player establishing himself in the side would get a larger wage increase (especially with the 70% Sky increase).

maybe they're limiting the raise until he stops spackering shots wide. He merits a raise this year sure, not a huge one though 

His assist to make our first goal today. They guy never stops running and is a credit to the shirt. If we had more like him we wouldn't be in the shit we are now.

• Like 1

maybe they're limiting the raise until he stops spackering shots wide. He merits a raise this year sure, not a huge one though 

2k extra? That's a ludicrous offer. No, not ludicrous. It's insulting. If he left Villa in the summer I wouldn't blame him. Pathetic. 

We need to offer him an amount which would prevent him leaving for another club, not an amount we think we can get away with because we are pretending our academy is shit.

Edited by Con

2k extra? That's a ludicrous offer. No, not ludicrous. It's insulting. If he left Villa in the summer I wouldn't blame him. Pathetic. 

We need to offer him an amount which would prevent him leaving for another club, not an amount we think we can get away with because we are pretending our academy is shit.

Dont believe all you hear....

Ive got it on good info that its more to do with what league we are in next term. If we stay up, Weimann will sign. He loves the club, but has to think about his long term future. Is that any diferent to what the rest of us would do?

Edited by MagicMushroom

Love this player! Yes he has missed some

Good chances but his intelligent and hard work gets him the position in the first place. Always feel something is going to happen when he involved. You have to remember because of injuries he probably a year behind in his development too. I give him 2 more years with us max.

Needs to go to finishing and awareness school imo. Most of his goals have been scuffs and taps-in too. He's doing a job for us at the moment but there is glaring inadequacies in his game. Does link up with Benteke well though.

Arguably the best finisher at the club imo. Benteke, Bent and Gabby all miss glaring opportunities at times.

Works hard but I think the last two games he's been fairly poor.

He's also starting to miss good chances a lot more.

TBH if we stick with this formation next year and Benteke stays then Weimman needs to be replaced with a proper wide attacking player.

Works hard but I think the last two games he's been fairly poor.

He's also starting to miss good chances a lot more.

TBH if we stick with this formation next year and Benteke stays then Weimman needs to be replaced with a proper wide attacking player.

Agree with this - he's not a wing-forward, he's a striker and a good young one at that.

Definitely need to keep him but either change the formation, or as you said, get somebody more suited to that role in. 

the club has to balance the wages. Throwing money at everyone after a few decent appearances got us in the situation we were in before. At the end of the day its his first season and hes done well, but next year he may not be playing alongside Benteke and things might be a bit more tough. Remember Albrightons break through year? What have we seen since?

Id expect us to offer more than 2k, but its a negotiation. Weve offered 2k more, hes probably asked for 20k more, lets wait and see where we meet.

Ever player goes through patches where they miss chances. He might be due a rest but he works so hard and helps the team in other ways now is not the time.

Both his chances yesterday were as a result of his running and effort to get into that position in the 1st place.

If we stay up and get rid of Dunne, Ireland and Given. Heck that must be $100k a week to play with. $20k extra for Benteke and $10k for Wiemann.

Ever player goes through patches where they miss chances. He might be due a rest but he works so hard and helps the team in other ways now is not the time.

Both his chances yesterday were as a result of his running and effort to get into that position in the 1st place.

If we stay up and get rid of Dunne, Ireland and Given. Heck that must be $100k a week to play with. $20k extra for Benteke and $10k for Wiemann.

Getting rid of those 3 would probably give us closer to $200k.

Off the ball movement is superb. I doubt some people can see that though.

I think most do see that, it is excellent and was key for both of our goals. That said, he really does have to sort his finishing out, he is blowing a number of great chances.

Overall though he has had a very good season, but some of the comments on here 'valuing' him at >£10m are absolutely hilarious.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

extra £2k per week is enough for anyone who only works 90 minutes a week, especially at the age of 21... 

Yes, because the rest of the weeks he justs sits on his arse and shoves strudel down his gob.

Â