Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Does anyone know what size of contract he is looking? Probably not but just thought i would ask.

Nobody here knows anything like that dude. Unfortunately.

Okay, what is he currently on and what do people think he would realistically take to sign a new contract.  With his performances, clubs who splash the cash will be sniffing around.

Does anyone know what size of contract he is looking? Probably not but just thought i would ask.

Okay, what is he currently on and what do people think he would realistically take to sign a new contract. With his performances, clubs who splash the cash will be sniffing around.

I'd probably go with what he is currently earning by what the latest version of FM says and then I would say we should add about 10k on top of a new 4 year contract. If he scores 20 goals next season, offer him another 10k + various bonuses etc etc.

It's impossible to say and give a realistic response, the figures are incomprehendable in my world.

Hope he stays though, quality player.

Okay, what is he currently on and what do people think he would realistically take to sign a new contract. With his performances, clubs who splash the cash will be sniffing around.

I'd probably go with what he is currently earning by what the latest version of FM says and then I would say we should add about 10k on top of a new 4 year contract. If he scores 20 goals next season, offer him another 10k + various bonuses etc etc.

It's impossible to say and give a realistic response, the figures are incomprehendable in my world.

Id guess and its only a guess, i.e. i dont have a clue but im saying 20k

Id guess and its only a guess, i.e. i dont have a clue but im saying 20k

I woulda thought he was on a tad less for some reason. FM fans, any ideas??

No i reckon if he was offered 20k he would stay.  Id say he is somewhere between 5-10k at min

Though when you think about it, McLean had 6 good months at sunderland and he was given a new 40k a week contract, MON at his best.

Edited by HeyAnty

If he scores 20 goals next season, unless they're in the championship, £30k a week won't be enough and neither should it be.

No i reckon if he was offered 20k he would stay.  Id say he is somewhere between 5-10k at min

Though when you think about it, McLean had 6 good months at sunderland and he was given a new 40k a week contract, MON at his best.

I think you'd need to offer him £25-30k plus add ons after the season he's had.

no point handing out stupid contracts but it still needs to be a decent amount to keep young 'hungry' players

I don't think we will be having any players above 40k for some time once the current top paid players contracts are up

gabby will be getting a reduced wage

only guessing but I would imagine after this season the players who will be offered improved contracts are

guzan

benteke

weimann

players leaving will be dunne and hopefully given

that still leaves bent and Ireland on lots, but unless they are played no one will be coming in for either of them as they wont want a pay reduction

weimann and benteke should probably be offered 30k each on 4 or 5 year deals with the 'normal' bonuses in there, it seems long term they should be our starting forwards under lambert

He did a great job against QPR on Saturday and thoroughly deserved his MOTM award. He showed fantastic commitment when chasing the ball that seemed to be going out, only to majestically jink it back towards towards Benteke (taking the defender with him) to score. Fabulous football.

Job well done AW.

Superb on the weekend.

I'll admit I haven't rated Weimann as highly as some others on here. Not that I think he's bad, he's not at all. I just wasn't as excited about him as some people.

Happy for him to carry on proving me wrong.

^  Just saw it myself.. interesting.

Did you know? Weimann has featured in all seven of Villa's

league wins this season, they have failed to win any of the eight games

he has missed.

Kind of warped though.

He's also played in 15 games that we've "failed to win".

I read in a paper that Benteke is on 20K and will be offered a new contract at the end of the season so... I would guess Weimann's probably on 10K-15K (considering he is from our youth system) and is demanding about 30-40K 

Therein lies the problem with keeping the wages down and why we are habitual re-builders. 

I am sure he will sign if we stay up. He's not good enough to sign for a top club yet, and would make little sense to leave for a club of a similar level. It's quite evident he loves the club too!

Could only really see him going abroad right now if he was to leave.

Â