Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

To be fair, Crooks' team of the week isn't too bad anymore.

Since they made it into an actual column, so that he has to explain why he's put people in, he actually seems to put some effort into it.

I'm not saying it's great, but gone are the days when he'd put Milner in there twice or include Cuellar despite him only coming on for the final minute of a game.

To be fair, Crooks' team of the week isn't too bad anymore.

Since they made it into an actual column, so that he has to explain why he's put people in, he actually seems to put some effort into it.

I'm not saying it's great, but gone are the days when he'd put Milner in there twice or include Cuellar despite him only coming on for the final minute of a game.

To be fair I'd have two Milners in my team every week if I could.

Sell Given, Irland, Bent and Dunne and use some of those wages for Andi.

Why do people still not understand that if selling those players was so simple it would have been done already. Until clubs come in willing to match their current wages, or contracts expire, we are going to be stuck with at least some, if not all, of those players.

Hello ..

Sell Given, Irland, Bent and Dunne and use some of those wages for Andi.

Why do people still not understand that if selling those players was so simple it would have been done already. Until clubs come in willing to match their current wages, or contracts expire, we are going to be stuck with at least some, if not all, of those players.

Could always have a pay-cut to give them ?!

If let's say Bent gave us 6-8 Million .. We could pay half of his wages there and send him .. 

Same with what we did with Shay ..

Dunne contract will expire this summer .. Ireland we could sell him for 4 I think .. We could offer him to Galatasaray or some team out there in Russia or USA ..

Shay Might just get us a million if we pay cut for him .. 

that will give us about ten .. Another 15 from Randy or 20 after TV money is up ..

Could get 4 Key quality players and stars !

One defender .. One midfielder .. One Winger .. One Moving striker if we hopefully managed to keep BENTEKE .. and Andi !

At the same time we could raise their salary .. two of them ..

All of this if we managed to stay in the premier league hopefully ! 

^  Just saw it myself.. interesting.

Did you know? Weimann has featured in all seven of Villa's

league wins this season, they have failed to win any of the eight games

he has missed.

Bannan like stats ;)

His improvement this season has been tremendous, he's turning into a real gem. High workrate and a knack for scoring is a good combination. You might say a couple of his goals have been fortunate, poor keeping, it's amazing how many 'lucky' goals the best strikers get.    

Andi will be going up against Ciaran Clark on the 26th of March when Ireland take on Austria in a World Cup qualifier. That should be quite interesting. Some one should tell Ciaran to not tackle too hard.

Edited by Ghost

They couldn't afford him. Norwich FFs. If we ever get to the point where we are selling one of our best players to a poxy club like Norwich then Lerner needs to be dragged from the club and publically flogged!

Really like the impact Andi Weimann has had this season, especially as he has lots of energy and because he scores a few "crap" goals, which is highly important for a striker. Just being at the right place at the right time, a bit like Javier Hernandez at United. Weimann is quick and never gives up, the goal Benteke scored last week was never really a chance before Andi decided to give it a go. His goal too was wonderful, with a quick turn, touch and snap. Again, 9 out of 10 strikers would try a quick shot or wait too long until the defender tackles him, but this guy read the situation and did exactly what he had to do.

Will he leave this summer? Not a chance in my opinion. He has been at the Villa for a long time and he has gone through the Youth system, kind of making him obliged to us.. and to be honest, I don't think he wants to leave for any other side in the middle of the table. It is not like he has set the world on fire, I don't think Wenger, Ferguson and AVB are contacting his agent as we speak, but they have probably noticed him. Christian Benteke however, he is on the radar for most clubs and he will leave in the summer for a pretty hefty sum. I speculated 16M a few weeks ago, but his consistency is there for all to see and he now has scored in 7 of the last 10 games. 20M is his fee right about now, and if we stay up and there is a bidding war who knows what the figure will be.

Â