Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I think he will be a flop

He was good for us because were about his level

With the players city has they are going to be on another level to what he's used to is he going to be able to pick the likes of silva out and predict those types of runs?

Unless he remodels himself as a much more defensive player who simply looks to win the ball and then pass it off to the nearest person who can play, I don't see him being a success at all. 

His passing, vision and football brain isn't good enough for the level of player who will surround him at City. 

• Like 1

I'm obviously nowhere near as angry as most in here.

I'd say he probably deeply regrets the manner in which this has all happened.  Yes it's through his own doing, but still.  He probably even thinks he's a bit of a dick now, based on the manner of his Citeh interview.  If he could do it all again I'd say there's no doubt he'd just move first time around and it would have prevented the whole deeply-regrettable loyalty spiel and the embarrassing u-turn.

I don't actually think he's a bad bloke.  Quite the opposite.  He thought enough of us to have second thoughts.  To have that crisis of conscience and then eventually and correctly decided on what was best for him.  But it can't have been easy to say no to City the first time.  I really don't think he has moved for the money. I think he's someone who tried to keep everyone happy, and that simply doesn't work.  He ultimately made the best decision for himself, but not before plenty of soul-searching that most players wouldn't have bothered with.

I've no hard feelings and I hope and expect he goes there and is a revelation surrounded by those players. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he usurped one of Fernando or Fernandinho in that midfield.

It's a pity it ended the way it did because he's a huge reason we're still in the Premier League.  It has clearly left a bitter taste in most people's mouths but for me the whole u-u-turn actually shows me how difficult it was for him to leave us for the glitz and glamour of City and that tells me something (positive) about the guy.  We should have been patting him on the back, thanking him for his service and wishing him well in his next chapter.  But here we are.

Ultimately he's going to get pelters off the Villa faithful though, which is a bit of a pity IMO but that's the nature of the beast.

And as for the thread title.  I think it's petty, it's pathetic and I thought we were better than that.

Come off it Brian.

The guy came out with tons of spiel in January about being in it for the long run, being his family, his club. 

All the while he'd stuck at £8m release clause, knowing full well he'd be sold for well under his market value. 

Yeah, he could have gone on a free. I'm glad he didn't do that. But there was no need to come out with all that crap about loyalty, if was two-faced at the time and has just made him look like more of a dick this summer. 

This isn't his only opportunity to move. He mugged us off, needlessly. I thought he was different, turns out he was one of the worst. 

It's not that he went. It's how he lied to thousands of fans. How many kids got his name on tha back of their shirts within this week? I thought our captain, the definition of our team, was different. He always seemed like a person who respected the club that pays for his ferraris. WE pay for his ferraris. So if you feel like leavng, please do, but do not spit us in the face.

For all I care, he can rot now.

People would do well to remember that this is Fabian Delph, a player on the very fringe of football discussion just 16 months ago.

This is not Dwight Yorke or even Gareth Southgate. Totally replaceable player.

Yeah it's not really his ability, we've lost much bigger players. It's the thought we had that one player who genuinely loved the club and bring here. I was always sceptical if im honest and when I heard about the clause doubly so. When he turned down City I was truly gobsmacked. If he would have gone to begin with I would of said ok, I can't complain and he's added £8 million needed cash into rebuilding this awful team.

I don't believe in loyalty in football players, even Grealish would be off like a flash if City came in next season, but for a moment I thought we had the one who couldn't be bought. I didn't really get angry, Delph has made himself look more stupid than anyone. The criticism probably herts him, that's good enough for me.

Just proves how thick footballers are, all he was doing was taking the words of the last manager literally and applying them to his life. But Mr Wealth when Paul Lambert said "we go again" he did not mean this you word removed

Apparently City are interested in getting De Bruyne. I really hope it happens. Delph would surely be the 5th choice CM after that signing. He'd barely play cup matches.

The De Bruyne who doesn't play centre mid?

Apparently City are interested in getting De Bruyne. I really hope it happens. Delph would surely be the 5th choice CM after that signing. He'd barely play cup matches.

The De Bruyne who doesn't play centre mid?

He has play center mid and attacking mid last season

No he's doing extra training.  Training how to stay at home while the real stars try to win stuff.

now Fabian this is the bench, to get good comfort you need to just put your arse into it and relax

People would do well to remember that this is Fabian Delph, a player on the very fringe of football discussion just 16 months ago.

Why did gareth southgate leave us for middlesbrough ????

I cant remember the reason.

Why did gareth southgate leave us for middlesbrough ????

I cant remember the reason.

Wasn't it something to do with Ellis not being very ambitious? I was only young at the time so it's second hand memories I suppose, but wasn't there a story about how Southgate had a photo of the 82 side on his locker but it was taken down by the club as Ellis wasn't owner at that time. That with limited spending at the time, which meant missing out on players like Lampard (allegedly, and that was after Southgate left i think?), supposedly made Southgate feel the the club couldn't achieve much more, and he was right :(

Â